Archived Possible GSA promotion, help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
according to BP only GSA's are to be in the cash office. the only time we have an old co spec. in there is in the case of a call in.

According to BP, we're supposed to use Smart Sort and put reshop away by using a printed out list on receipt paper.

We don't do that lol

So THAT'S why I keep finding salvage and (should-be) defectives in my re-shop carts!

Red, yes, in some circumstances, exceptions can be made....desperation is key.

Last edited:
that would never ever happen at my store! lol i see on here all the time about gs or photo covering gsa/gstl breaks and i would love that if we could do that at my store.

I was informed we should be moving ahead with my interviews before hell freezes over. I may be getting some GSA shifts coming up, so that should help with the interviews, I hope.

Me too! I have been doing GSA duties quite often these last few weeks. My ETL-GE often has me cover GSA for several hours even though I'm not a GSA. Best of luck with your interviews!

I've covered a couple of breaks, but that's about it. I need to get with someone next week when I'm scheduled to close so I can learn how to close lanes, etc.

In times of desperation ill have a cashier watch the lanes even... Long as they have half a brain or more!

Covering GSTL/GSA shifts with cashiers is common in my store with one of three cashiers we have that should be a GSA but we are cheap and only have 2 of them at our A+ volume store...

At my old (low volume) store we had to have GS or cashiers cover GSA/GSTL breaks because that was all we had! LOL

As far as having GSA shifts without actually being a GSA that happened to me many times due to call outs or lack of coverage. It's always fun to walk in thinking you're going to do cashier or guest service only to have a panicked ETL throw the keys at you and say "call if you need help" as they are RUNNING away! :)

To the original poster, I found that I was only seriously considered for a GSA by getting AWAY from the front lanes and pulling a bunch of sales floor shifts. They tend to forget you are there when you are a cashier because they don't hear you on the walkie responding to call buttons, phone calls, etc.. Once they started hearing things like "this is targetismylife09, I can grab that call button" they take a little more notice. It's not right, I know, but that's how they think.
Of course you can also take that to the extreme and annoy people to death like one sales floor TM used to do! She would literally announce over the walkie every time she did anything! We couldn't stand her, but she also got promoted to GSA. I used to joke that I was going to get a walkie for a cashier shift and announce to the LOD every time I finished checking out a guest so I could be like her!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back