Archived Pre-sell cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I know that at a certain time. On Workbench you can download an excel or html sheet on how many presell cards you have sold and how many of that item should be held. But what stops someone from coming from another store and buying what was suppose to be on hold for another person. Someone told me that the same card could be used over again.

We take the pre-sell cards when they get the item they pre-ordered.
Or, we do at my store at least. I always make them present the card first, then I get them their item, scan the item, scan the card, throw away the card (some TMs actually mark over the barcode on the pre-sell card in case the guest wants to keep it) and then let them go through the payment process.

We take the pre-sell cards when they get the item they pre-ordered.
Or, we do at my store at least. I always make them present the card first, then I get them their item, scan the item, scan the card, throw away the card (some TMs actually mark over the barcode on the pre-sell card in case the guest wants to keep it) and then let them go through the payment process.

we do the same thing at my store.

But won't it screw up holds if someone gets the pre-sell card at one store and goes to another store? Sure, one might not matter, but enough coming to the same store could really screw a store up!

But won't it screw up holds if someone gets the pre-sell card at one store and goes to another store? Sure, one might not matter, but enough coming to the same store could really screw a store up!

Yes, it does. You're supposed to tell the guest when they buy them that they are meant for the store that you are buying it at, and not another store but some TMs forget to explain that, which can lead to the whole "I'm-sorry-but-we're-out-but-here-is-the-number-of-another-store-that-might-have-it" spiel we have to say when we're out of items.

The biggest problem with reservations is that some TMs just don't care and will put all of the product on the floor and not hold any for a reservation. That's what happened for Lego LOTR for Wii with us. A TM just put all of the Lego LOTR out in the cases and we were sold out before the only couple who reserved it could even get it. When I asked him why I did that he honestly said he didn't care.

But if your Electronics TM in the morning of a big release isn't a jerk than that isn't something you have to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back