Archived Prepaid iPhone 4/4S starting tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting tomorrow in stores that have Target Mobile, we will be selling the iPhone 4 ($549) 8Gb and the iPhone 4S ($649) 16Gb via Virgin Mobile. The transaction has to be done by Target Mobile but they have to ring it up on our registers. The phone have to be activated by Target Mobile. I think that is bad since Target Mobile is crappy at our store (staff wise).

We have 4 white & black units. We have no clue on what the deal is. But, I did find them & back stocked with those dcpi's & gave them to my lod. They were not the same dpci in the home location. Ap was happy because I found them.

Yeah my AP ETL told me about this back on Wednesday.... I didn't even think we were getting them in! I couldn't conceive how we would keep them out on the floor, that is until I looked at the actual planogram and saw that we are only to sell them out of the back room.

I think the whole thing is retarded, why on earth have US sell it if it has to be activated by Mobile? Though for us it won't be too much a problem because we have our mobile guys register trained anyways. So if anyone wants one of these things, I can just grab one and hand it off to mobile while they take care of the whole thing and I can just go help another guest.

I hear rumblings though that this is a baby step in handing the whole pre-paid mobile division to Target Mobile entirely.

I also thought it was going to be a nightmare until I learned they were going to be sold from the backroom. Now, I know its going to be a nightmare because our Mobile staff sucks. One just quit, and the other is rarely at the kiosk (if we can't find her, we always look at Food Avenue).

Last edited:
I also thought it was going to be a nightmare until I learned they were going to be sold from the backroom. Now, I know its going to be a nightmare because our Mobile staff sucks. One just quit, and the other is nerarely at the kiosk (if we can't find her, we always look at Food Avenue).

Thats how it is with our vendor except she just hired 2 new people. But when shes there solo shes never there lol.

Same at mine both of the mobile people are like that always at food ave or hanging with the gstl's or etl's when they should be at the kiosk we had multiple guests complain about most say that us in the red and khaki are more reliable then them

This is a good product for attachments! 3/4 of all cellphone accessories are for iPhone. T-Mobile doesn't have to activated, if the guest insist.

I also thought it was going to be a nightmare until I learned they were going to be sold from the backroom.

I just put them in a showcase with iPods.

Can someone tell me 100% If these are suppose to be rung up on our registers or theirs. They say we are just suppose to keep them, and they don't get commission (Which sounds like BS) Idk if they are trying to con us or not. Let me know! :p

My understanding is that the phones get rung up on our registers then have to be activated on theirs.
Which leads me to suspect that there are going to be major SNAFU's in the future.

Next weeks Electronics Champion News says that the phones will be rung on Target's POS, but must be activated at the Target Mobile POS. It also says because they must be activated by the Target Mobile rep, they MUST be sold by the Target Mobile Rep. Our AP team says their communication says the phones must be secured in the Electronics SR.

Next weeks Electronics Champion News says that the phones will be rung on Target's POS, but must be activated at the Target Mobile POS. It also says because they must be activated by the Target Mobile rep, they MUST be sold by the Target Mobile Rep. Our AP team says their communication says the phones must be secured in the Electronics SR.

Carts, this is the correct answer!

Just talked with APTL. Said these things are going to be on Peg Hooks? What Im going to do if legit:dash2:

Last edited:
Just talked with APTL. Said these things are going to be on Peg Hooks? What Im going to do if legit:dash2:

The planogram does NOT call for them on hooks--at least the version of the planogram I set. It calls for them "on a shelf"--but it's a shelf that doesn't exist. They're only on the POG so that you'll get labels for the DPCIs so you can find them quickly in the back.

The planogram does NOT call for them on hooks--at least the version of the planogram I set. It calls for them "on a shelf"--but it's a shelf that doesn't exist. They're only on the POG so that you'll get labels for the DPCIs so you can [call the BRTM to] find them quickly in the back.

fixed

I doubt my store will ever sell one of them, people just look at the upfront cost and think it is crazy and just walk away

We have an awesome Target Mobile staff that helps out all the time and stays at the kiosk.

We originally had a peg hook for the iphone but we were always planning on leaving them in the cage. Now the hook is gone and was replaced with a box that advertises it and has some informational brochures.

My understanding is that I am responsible to answer questions about the phones and make the sale, try to get attachments, etc but Target Mobile has to ring it up on our POS and then activate it.

The Target mobile guy and I have been coming up with plans to talk people out of the
Prepaid phones and getting the contract ones instead. Prepaid ones sounds awful!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back