Archived Prepaid target visa gift card

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a customer come up to me at customer support desk and she comes up to me with a Prepaid Visa Gift Card from us. She says it does not work online. I asked her if she registered her ZIP code to the card, she said yes and at the point I was getting a little nervous because I thought that was all that was needed to purchase online. The lady said she'll be back tomorrow and if it's still not working, she wants a refund.

Do you guys know why it is not working online?

There is no name on the gift card, it just says " GIFT CARD "

Exact picture of the giftcard. (different numbers of course :p)

1_15102012133426840.jpg

Have the guest call the 1800 number and check the original receipt while they are in the store.

99% of the time a guest thinks they bought a Target or Visa gift card ends up they didn't purchase it, either it was not scanned correctly, didn't authorize, or the guest forgot to put it down to be scanned.

Thanks, she did come back today and called in front of me to guest relations, they said it is active and should work online.

A question she asked was what should she put on " name on card " and billing address " because her name is not on the card, it only says giftcard.
She is getting frustrated and I just don't know why it's not working online. She went on one of the computers in front of me, went to mybalancenow.com and it shows her card has 25$ on it and her zipcode is assigned to it. I just don't know what to tell her :s

She needs to register the card first for it to work online so that a name and billing address can be associated with the card. Found the info on the visa site here: http://usa.visa.com/personal/cards/prepaid/gift_card_how.html.

Online or phone purchases

To make an online or phone purchase, you will need to register your card. You can do this by either calling the issuing provider, or by visiting their website. This information should have been supplied to you when you received the card. It may also be printed on the back of the card.
When you make an online or phone purchase, the name, address, and phone number you use will need to be exactly the same as the information you provided when registering your card.
If the information you provide differs from what was provided when the card was registered, the transaction may be declined.
You can verify or update your information by visiting the card provider's Web site, or by contacting them using the toll-free number provided in your card materials.

thanks for the help guys, i've talked to other coworkers and they cannot figure it out either, nothing is working.

One merchants used to not take them, it was in their merchant agreement. I had issues with one one year at a variety of places online. I'd have her call jere she was trying to use it and ask if they had any suggestions too.

I just found out that most merchants will not accept the card because it expires in 2021. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back