Archived Presentation (Plano) Backstock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a member of the plano team at my local store. When I was trained in backstocking items for plano, I was told to use STO + SUBT. That was all fine and dandy by me, until mid-July when SUBT vanished from RFapps.

When I asked how to address this problem, I was told I would need to STO in RFapps followed by toggling over to the SUBT application on the main screen. This takes FOREVER to do, especially if you have an older PDA. It was so much faster when it was all in RFapps. In fact, I've almost clocked myself backstocking one small item at 30 seconds in some cases.

Anyways, my store recently had a huge transition in which we had about 8 tubs and 5 flats of plano backstock. I was in charge of putting it away, and it was a total mess. On top of it all, this slow as molasses method wasn't helping either. That was, until one of the ETLs (who has had sufficient backroom experience) told me to try using SUBT only, and they would monitor the reports and contact me if any errors would arise. They did, however, mention to pay close attention to the fillgroups, which I did. They did not report any errors to me, so I assumed everything was okay, as I have pulled batches that contained stuff that I used SUBT to backstock with.

My actions are... 1) Scan Code, 2) Select 'Guest Request', 3) Scan Location in Correct Fillgroup, 4) Pull '9999', [as it resets the counter], 5) Enter Quantity in location (if item was already there, add original total in with new backstock)

I have now used SUBT for two months now and neither the ETL who originally addressed me, or the backroom TL has brought forth any errors/irregularities in the system. (I casually talk to both of them almost on a daily basis at work.) A fellow coworker who was a transfer from a different store informed me that they only use SUBT for plano backstock as well.

However, I was stopped by another team member today as he was wondering how I was backstocking plano stuff so quickly. [He usually works on the salesfloor but was asked to do backroom today.] I told him what it is in paragraphs 3-5 in this post. I was informed that I should not be using SUBT only as it creates 'baffle errors' and other bad things that can turn the backroom into a mess. (Regardless of what he said, I still continued to use SUBT throughout the day.) My leader for Presentation eventually found out and had a weird response to the situation.

I know this is a bit of a debated subject, but am I doing plano backstock correctly? Are there long term consequences for doing it this way? What does your store do for it? Please inform me. Thanks!

That's how we do it at my store. If we use STO, it comes right back out in the CAFs. When our trainee was backstocking 200-300 boxes of macaroni and cheese last week, they came right back out because he used STO. Then those same boxes came right back as backstock.

Plano never does their own backstock at my store. Back room gets stuck with it. Repacks full of jumbled crap. We all wish for bad things to happen to plano.

It does not create baffle errors. This is best practice for resetting the accumulator and should be used for plano back stock and purge back stock. When you go over the threshold to 9999 the system does not flag a baffle fix.

Occasionally the sys audit will send you there to double check, but you are doing it correctly both logically and from a best practice standpoint.

"The System" pulls merchandise based on a "Need" for the product. If everyone did their jobs correctly the Need would be accurate & it wouldn't pull what you just backstocked. Need is created when an item sells or is manually requested for the sales floor.

I don't know the POG process well enough to know where exactly the disconnect happens (maybe in requesting PTM fills or New POG fills?)

The consequences of backstocking using the SUBT 9999 method are as follows:
  • All Need for that product will be satisfied. It will not come out in the next CAF.
  • If the shelf on the sales floor is empty no Need will be created unless the product is manually requested (OUTS, RSCH, EXF, POG fill)
  • If the shelf has minimal product the Need may take a while to "Accumulate". There is a "Trigger Point" where the Need must Accumulate to for the item to fall into a CAF.
So you better be sure the shelf is full before you SUBT 9999 or "burn the batch." Or else your backroom will slowly start filling up while the Sales floor empties out.

It does not create baffle errors. This is best practice for resetting the accumulator and should be used for plano back stock and purge back stock. When you go over the threshold to 9999 the system does not flag a baffle fix.

This. Contrary to popular belief, baffles do not occur when using SUBT; they only occur when you scan supposedly non-existent items (they're not STO'd, but they're sitting in the location) while pulling a batch. And regardless of what your logistics leaders and comrades say, SUBT9999 is best practice. But as Ringwraith917 said, make sure all sales floor locations are filled to capacity before you SUBT9999 the product.

I am a member of the plano team at my local store. When I was trained in backstocking items for plano, I was told to use STO + SUBT. That was all fine and dandy by me, until mid-July when SUBT vanished from RFapps.

When I asked how to address this problem, I was told I would need to STO in RFapps followed by toggling over to the SUBT application on the main screen. This takes FOREVER to do, especially if you have an older PDA. It was so much faster when it was all in RFapps. In fact, I've almost clocked myself backstocking one small item at 30 seconds in some cases.

Anyways, my store recently had a huge transition in which we had about 8 tubs and 5 flats of plano backstock. I was in charge of putting it away, and it was a total mess. On top of it all, this slow as molasses method wasn't helping either. That was, until one of the ETLs (who has had sufficient backroom experience) told me to try using SUBT only, and they would monitor the reports and contact me if any errors would arise. They did, however, mention to pay close attention to the fillgroups, which I did. They did not report any errors to me, so I assumed everything was okay, as I have pulled batches that contained stuff that I used SUBT to backstock with.

My actions are... 1) Scan Code, 2) Select 'Guest Request', 3) Scan Location in Correct Fillgroup, 4) Pull '9999', [as it resets the counter], 5) Enter Quantity in location (if item was already there, add original total in with new backstock)

I have now used SUBT for two months now and neither the ETL who originally addressed me, or the backroom TL has brought forth any errors/irregularities in the system. (I casually talk to both of them almost on a daily basis at work.) A fellow coworker who was a transfer from a different store informed me that they only use SUBT for plano backstock as well.

However, I was stopped by another team member today as he was wondering how I was backstocking plano stuff so quickly. [He usually works on the salesfloor but was asked to do backroom today.] I told him what it is in paragraphs 3-5 in this post. I was informed that I should not be using SUBT only as it creates 'baffle errors' and other bad things that can turn the backroom into a mess. (Regardless of what he said, I still continued to use SUBT throughout the day.) My leader for Presentation eventually found out and had a weird response to the situation.

I know this is a bit of a debated subject, but am I doing plano backstock correctly? Are there long term consequences for doing it this way? What does your store do for it? Please inform me. Thanks!
Subt 999 works....in the sense that you are not going to have to re pull the items on the cafs. .. Spot doesn't even want to pay us ( barely) to do the job the first time ...so I am pretty sure they don't want to have to pay us over and over again to pull and bs the same item. So until, I am told by a team led or exec I will use the subt app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back