Archived Presentation TMs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been asked to join the pog team by the ETL. Our STL recommended it to me to get out on the floor and potentially move up from there. Can any of you pog members tell me how you like it and what to expect. Any former TMs tell me where you went after you left if you moved up. Thanks guys!

Congrats.
Not on the Pog team but I work closely with them so ...
You'll need to pay close attention to detail.
Work fast, work clean, and make sure you get it right the first time because there probably won't be time to fix it later.
Be nice to the signing ninja.

The problem about presentation is that you have to work early in the morning, something I couldn't cope with (although, from what team leaders told me, I did a very good job with). Otherwise, it is a good workcenter. It is challenging compared to some of the other ones, such as recovery.

it's the best work center EVER.
i've been everywhere (except pharmacy), and pog is the best, at least for me. you do a little of everything. but you have to be flexible and willing to help out in multiple workcenters. it also requires attention to detail and knowledge of the overall store processes. you never get bored, although the etls will get on your nerves and wreck your plans constantly. understanding the transition process and collaborating will definitely help if you're interested in promoting.

Doing Presentation (Plano), can be challenging but in a good way. Attention to detail, as the others have pointed out, is essential. But the fun thing is the challenge is different all around the store.

It's a job that you need to think about, and often adjust to constantly. Oh, and I don't know if others have noticed it, but a lot of times lately we have noticed that the printed Plano's aren't, how shall we say it, completely correct?
So it's up to you to fix it, and make it work...

Hey, beats doing flow day in and out.

Doing Presentation (Plano), can be challenging but in a good way. Attention to detail, as the others have pointed out, is essential. But the fun thing is the challenge is different all around the store.

It's a job that you need to think about, and often adjust to constantly. Oh, and I don't know if others have noticed it, but a lot of times lately we have noticed that the printed Plano's aren't, how shall we say it, completely correct?
So it's up to you to fix it, and make it work...

Hey, beats doing flow day in and out.

My favorite recently was a POG in NIT that had a section with schematic created top down instead of bottom up... so the top row of pegs was -1, then -12, etc one of the shelves was at like -30 or some odd measurement. Sure did make the POG team go Huh!?!.

Or how bout the sporting goods pog that said all the backer paper was carry forward but then you had to read the early set notes to find out, no you needed to use new paper?
You can't take anything for granted in plano.

What's that? Your pog calls for 15 sections and you only have 12? Why, hello MySupport....

Noooooo!
Not MySupport!
The words that will send a chill down your spine.
My favorite is the 6 months it took to convince them that they needed to switch the pogs for our tall and short focals.

Noooooo!
Not MySupport!
The words that will send a chill down your spine.
My favorite is the 6 months it took to convince them that they needed to switch the pogs for our tall and short focals.

lol i think u work at my store. i tried to get them to swap a short and tall gondola that was wrong on the adjacency... they were going to have us COMPLETELY RESET EVERY AISLE IN HBA with no extra payroll, just to put the aisles where they should've went. for three months we emailed back and forth, and they kept sending new revisions every week that essentially was the same pog, but with different shelving. finally i emailed some dude on up and he finally understood that all we had to do is flip one aisle, and it only took me a year and a half...

lol i think u work at my store. i tried to get them to swap a short and tall gondola that was wrong on the adjacency... they were going to have us COMPLETELY RESET EVERY AISLE IN HBA with no extra payroll, just to put the aisles where they should've went. for three months we emailed back and forth, and they kept sending new revisions every week that essentially was the same pog, but with different shelving. finally i emailed some dude on up and he finally understood that all we had to do is flip one aisle, and it only took me a year and a half...

....sounds about right.

I loved it when I was on presentation. You always have something to do. You set different aisles everyday which keeps it from getting boring. Make sure you pay attention to details. Know how to measure heights and know your ABCs.

Always be nice to your signing TM. If you're lucky they will put up your displays for you.

That was an error on the blueprints when we remodeled. I spent an entire day arguing with construction. "I don't care what your blueprints say. If you build a 3' tall gondola there, I am going to be cutting backer paper from here to eternity..."

Back to original question. If I didn't love my job (signing), I would do plano. Its a challenge trying interpret the planograms, and thinking how to set faster. You will be given a planogram and told to set it in, say, 5.5 hours and you have to meet that goal. Like Commie said, be nice to your signing person, no matter how grouchy they are that day. They are normally the one who knows where all your fixtures are and can make your job much easier.

If you are afraid of heights, please don't apply. You will need to put away your own fixtures in the fixture room and its not fair to make anyone do it for you.

What's that? Your pog calls for 15 sections and you only have 12? Why, hello MySupport....

haha this happened with our pfresh revision a while back. They sent us alot of extra product for a third section of the random weight/orderable meats, but we didnt even have the room for it and it couldnt even fit on the planogram with how long the aisle was.

If you are afraid of heights, please don't apply. You will need to put away your own fixtures in the fixture room and its not fair to make anyone do it for you.

I have acrophobia and this wasn't an issue for me. Maybe I was lucky?

our plano team is a bunch of old ladies, they literally just throw everything in the fixture room because they refuse to climb ladders or use the wave :/

Not happening ...
I don't know how it gets worked out but unless I was assigned another person to fix that there is no way I'd be putting up with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back