Archived Pretty interesting lecture given by Gregg Steinhaffel at Notre Dame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a single comment so far.
Love to write one but could be tracked back to me and wouldn't be very nice.
And greatteam is right, he's pretty dull.

Looks like he's trying to emulate the style of young/hip Zuckerman types.
Not working.

His opportunity is communicating effectively :p
C'mon Greg, Leadership Expectations 101 ..lol

Gregg seems to be quite a douche bag. He has no idea that Target will be destroyed by young college graduates unable to pull their heads out of their arses most times, let alone think without an I-Phone, pad or pod---Executives and STL's all under the age of 28 years old. Love the fake hip want-to-be jeans, and the name badge is adorable.

Harsh words. It's really everyone's fault for letting America be run this way. If we all learned to unionize and work as a TEAM, things would be alot of more fair for everyone.
Gregg seems to be quite a douche bag. He has no idea that Target will be destroyed by young college graduates unable to pull their heads out of their arses most times, let alone think without an I-Phone, pad or pod---Executives and STL's all under the age of 28 years old. Love the fake hip want-to-be jeans, and the name badge is adorable.

I only watched the first few minutes. Unless he was really unprepared for that speech, he's a pretty terrible public speaker. So many "uh"s and "um"s in the first couple minutes made it almost unbearable listen to. I'm not saying I'm a great public speaker but damn I'm not a CEO of a "fortune 30" company either...

He likely knows the business model isn't sustainable long term but he likely doesn't care either. He'll retire a multi-millionaire so what does he care what's gonna happen to Target.

He likely knows the business model isn't sustainable long term but he likely doesn't care either. He'll retire a multi-millionaire so what does he care what's gonna happen to Target.

Exactly. He & the rest of the head honchos are sucking up as much money as they can get away with for as long as their luck holds out.

They care about Target and their employees just as much as Ken Lay cared about Enron.

Sadly I think he is just a product of the type of people that are produced by today's business culture.

Building something takes so much work but cutting things out of existing structure to claim savings is way easier.

I get the impression he is seriously getting ready to jump ship. I'm sure he's just about retirement age and he's probably trying to pad his last few years with artificial profit to up his salary(papa can't feed his kids with only $24 mil[just realized he makes roughly as much money as my store takes in yearly *sigh*]) and pension. Instead of thinking of genuine strategies to make more money(too hard), they are focusing on solutions that are unsustainable. Cutting payroll to the barebones- check; gutting spending accounts for stores- check; move the burden of insurance onto the team member- done and done. But what happens next? You cannot further cut these areas so I predict he leaves. So much for setting his next in line up for success.

Talen!!!
We were just saying that the board missed your brand of sardonic humor.
Glad to have you back.

Sadly I think he is just a product of the type of people that are produced by today's business culture.

Building something takes so much work but cutting things out of existing structure to claim savings is way easier.

Very true, it's the "got mine so screw you" mentality that's becoming increasing pervasive in business. Profits at all cost, except my 8 figure annual salary... (And if anyone comes in here with that, "well, that's with bonuses actually" put down your kool aid and kindly see yourself out because bonuses or not that money has to come from somewhere).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back