Archived Price Accuracy Pilot Program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is what was posted in our TSC.

I just don't see what their "thorough plan" is. They haven't said anything to us except to expect to be scheduled between 11-7.. My TL won't be scheduled pricing.. they'll be scheduled POG.. That won't change. POG needs my TL for the grocery transition.. lol.
and my TL seems to think that the workload doesn't run late until the next day.. not at 8pm.. is there anything on workbench that physically says 8pm so I can show them?

UGH. which means pricing will be doing Back Up Cashiering even more.

They need that early morning down time to motor through the more difficult areas. Ever try to scan RTW clearance while Guests are shopping through the clearance racks? Unpossible.

Our store already looks like shit in the morning since they pushed back the times for FLOW team. Boxes bowled out all over the floor, and they pull team members from other areas (instocks, pricing, POG) to help out with the truck.

Last edited:
UGH. which means pricing will be doing Back Up Cashiering even more.

They need that early morning down time to motor through the more difficult areas. Every try to scan RTW clearance while Guests are shopping through the clearance racks? Unpossible.

Our store already looks like shit in the morning since they pushed back the times for FLOW team. Boxes bowled out all over the floor, and they pull team members from other areas (instocks, pricing, POG) to help out with the truck.

That is what I'm most worried about. I've begun "blockading" the rack that I am working on in anticipation of this new change... Salvage cart on one side.. my cart on the other.. my fat behind in between.. aint nobody getting in there.. LOL

Wow, this is really getting out of hand. What it all boils down to is that they are continuing to chop from the bottom, hoping to schedule even less salesfloor, and less cashiers and supplement it with the PA team. Next they'll just move the truck unloads to late afternoon or evening! Or better yet they'll have half the flow team come in the morning to push part of the truck and then stagger the rest of the flow team throughout the rest of the day! (Don't get any ideas corporate!)

As of right now we are stolen for "smart huddles" and truck push about 2-3 times a week. The good thing about this, is that we won't have to do that anymore.. the huddles will long be over and flow should be wrapping up.. but if we don't get the clothing areas done by 2.. then we've got every mother and their rotten kid breathing down our necks, asking what we've scanned already, asking me to re-scan something I already scanned.. tearing through something I JUST organized by size, percentage, sleeve-length/leg-length etc..

Here is what was posted in our TSC.

I just don't see what their "thorough plan" is. They haven't said anything to us except to expect to be scheduled between 11-7.. My TL won't be scheduled pricing.. they'll be scheduled POG.. That won't change. POG needs my TL for the grocery transition.. lol.
and my TL seems to think that the workload doesn't run late until the next day.. not at 8pm.. is there anything on workbench that physically says 8pm so I can show them?

The workload doesn't run late (aka "become stars") until midnight. This is from experience working overnight price change around the holidays.

Just had my first experience of working later in the day yesterday.

My ETL thought it would be nice to try it out a little early. So I did.. the same week my STL says that we need to be pushing our backroom pull to the floor, marking it on the floor, and then putting it all out on end caps and home locations. Without any extra payroll I might add.. after telling them if they wanted me to pull one of the ten pallets out on the floor, mark it, push it, throw the trash away.. go grab the other one.. etc.. they might as well lock me in the building overnight lol..

So another question for yall.. does your stores pricing team have to push clearance as they are marking, Or after for that matter.. and do they have to mark the backroom pull on the floor? it used to be we would only push on Friday after our workload is done.. and it worked out great. It gave enough time for whatever was on the floor to sell down low so we could cram the rest out.

Me and my ETL were talking about how we wished the people making these policies should have to test it out themselves at different volume stores before piloting it out...

My ETL thought it would be nice to try it out a little early. So I did.. the same week my STL says that we need to be pushing our backroom pull to the floor, marking it on the floor, and then putting it all out on end caps and home locations. Without any extra payroll I might add.. after telling them if they wanted me to pull one of the ten pallets out on the floor, mark it, push it, throw the trash away.. go grab the other one.. etc.. they might as well lock me in the building overnight lol..

So another question for yall.. does your stores pricing team have to push clearance as they are marking, Or after for that matter.. and do they have to mark the backroom pull on the floor? it used to be we would only push on Friday after our workload is done.. and it worked out great. It gave enough time for whatever was on the floor to sell down low so we could cram the rest out.

Me and my ETL were talking about how we wished the people making these policies should have to test it out themselves at different volume stores before piloting it out...

As far as I am aware my pricing team marks whatever is on the floor and then they move to the backroom and ticket everything that was pulled. Usually Salesfloor, a TL, or ETL works out the clearance. If its market I usually work that out myself.

I am new to this board, but the store I am in we do the backroom first thing in the morning. That way when we ticket on the floor we can measure the OH counts against what we had already done. Plus heaven forbid it be sitting on the line all day, they would freak.
Sometimes we push our clearance. Only once have we ticketed on the floor and put it straight on the end caps ( that was during this recent market transition).

Ours do everything thing on the floor then back room. If we are done then we push clearance. Unless the next days work load is Hugh and there is only one person on then we try to get ahead.

Has best practice changed from merchandising to the home location until brand can no longer be maintained?

The worst part for me about this whole transition is that they want me to pull flats and tubs onto the floor from the back and ticket them, detrash them and everything on the floor. I just see that as counter-productive. I have more space in the backroom to detrash.. I'll push the clearance after I'm done marking it no problem.. but let me mark it in the backroom for God's sake..

Has best practice changed from merchandising to the home location until brand can no longer be maintained?

We fill home locations first, with overflow on endcaps.. unless we have no time and then it all goes on endcaps.. lol.

I am new to this board, but the store I am in we do the backroom first thing in the morning. That way when we ticket on the floor we can measure the OH counts against what we had already done. Plus heaven forbid it be sitting on the line all day, they would freak.
Sometimes we push our clearance. Only once have we ticketed on the floor and put it straight on the end caps ( that was during this recent market transition).

Doesn't ticketing the backroom first clear the items from the sales floor location? We even scan our backroom under salesfloor and then just activate the backroom..

The worst part for me about this whole transition is that they want me to pull flats and tubs onto the floor from the back and ticket them, detrash them and everything on the floor. I just see that as counter-productive. I have more space in the backroom to detrash.. I'll push the clearance after I'm done marking it no problem.. but let me mark it in the backroom for God's sake..

Waste of time to pull it out to the floor, you just walked trash out to the floor? I know one of our guest complaints is we have to much trash from Plano or In-Stocks push.

Doesn't ticketing the backroom first clear the items from the sales floor location? We even scan our backroom under salesfloor and then just activate the backroom..
No it doesn't clear the items from the floor, unless you clear it yourself. As we finish the backroom we look at the firsts under the departments and clear only the ones we have all the counts for there.

11-730 is a horrible shift for price accuracy. It is sometimes hard enough to get the work done when you have 2 guest free hours. It's not always the number of tickets that you have, but how much is in the back room and how much needs to be de-boxed. If your ticket count is 3000, but you have 15 pallets of crap in the backroom that has to be deboxed depending what it is could take forever. And with my time, the scheduling is not even close to accurate. My team is always stuck staying longer due to inaccurate scheduling. Target really needs to get its act together soon, they are turning into Walmart.

11-730 is a horrible shift for price accuracy. It is sometimes hard enough to get the work done when you have 2 guest free hours. It's not always the number of tickets that you have, but how much is in the back room and how much needs to be de-boxed. If your ticket count is 3000, but you have 15 pallets of crap in the backroom that has to be deboxed depending what it is could take forever. And with my time, the scheduling is not even close to accurate. My team is always stuck staying longer due to inaccurate scheduling. Target really needs to get its act together soon, they are turning into Walmart.

They arent turning into Walmart..they pretty much are now

The 11-730 sucked. Had to track down equipment, navigate guests and cart run calls before I could even get to the section I needed to mark.. Then when I got there.. everything in the department is BOGO and there was absolutely no zone.. half of my first were on the ground beneath the racks..

I brought up the fact that the zone sucked.. and me asking for the SL team to zone a section the night before is basically unheard of and is met with a chuckle and a "good luck with that"..
And since they knew we were there "Pricing... we need you on a register" So the last 2 hours of my shift I left a dead battery into my walkie and bolted through the rest of the workload.. my ETL was mad I stayed late because we are "ahead" but we won't be ahead come Wednesday when we are scheduled 10 hours to do 30 hours of work.. apparently they can't figure that one out..

Waste of time to pull it out to the floor, you just walked trash out to the floor? I know one of our guest complaints is we have to much trash from Plano or In-Stocks push.

That is what I said! I'm continuing to mark the backroom pull in the backroom and then pushing it out on tubs.. until I get yelled at again lol.

No it doesn't clear the items from the floor, unless you clear it yourself. As we finish the backroom we look at the firsts under the departments and clear only the ones we have all the counts for there.

Oh see, we just scan everything under a division and then activate the backroom, but only after doing the floor 100% and making sure we got everything. That way it clears out the floor (things that were missing down the aisle, firsts in the division) and we know what we need to go back on the floor to double check for...

So apparently, not only Is my store doing the Price Accuracy Pilot.. but they are keeping backroom open to close now and the backroom has to push all CAFs.. idk if this is every store yet or what.. They took responsibility of Clearance pushing from sales floor and put it on the Price Accuracy team. So basically all hardlines has to do is zone and abandons and be there for guests.

Day 2 of the Price Accuracy Pilot? Not as bad as the first.. but definitely still sucks.. We still have a pallet of clearance from last week we didn't push (down from about 12) so we aren't doing too terrible.. but we have over spent about 5 hours in total each week to push clearance.. I refuse to pull my backroom pull onto the floor and I told my STL it was bogus.. I'm waiting to be written up.. other than that, I have no home life.. and have almost talked my ETL into switching us 9-530 instead..

2 weeks into the Pilot.. things are going good.. minus the not getting enough hours to push part.. but our STL fully supports us and is ok with us staying late to push.. as long as we are not using more than, say... 8 extra hours a week past the most recent forecast.. My STL is the reason why my store is #1 week in and week out. I respect him 100% more than i respected our last STL.
Yes, the hours are a huge adjustment and the sales floor team is starting to use us as a crutch.. but after speaking with my TL i think we will be able to change it to 9-530 once the pilot is up (the middle of august) .. my team is mentally exhausted and we have one bad apple that is making it worse for everyone but its getting better.

To wrap it up... the Price Accuracy Pilot is ok. As long as you have an STL who cares and ETLs who enforce the zoning for us (always zone an area of softlines the night before or morning we have to go through) and TMs communicate with us about abandons they are putting up it works.. I just only wish it would get bumped back an hour or two earlier.. :) If there is no communication in your store and the STL/ETLS dont care about you.. your team is screwed :p

They arent turning into Walmart..they pretty much are now
No, see, Walmart is actually making money.

2 weeks into the Pilot.. things are going good.. minus the not getting enough hours to push part.. but our STL fully supports us and is ok with us staying late to push.. as long as we are not using more than, say... 8 extra hours a week past the most recent forecast.. My STL is the reason why my store is #1 week in and week out. I respect him 100% more than i respected our last STL.
Yes, the hours are a huge adjustment and the sales floor team is starting to use us as a crutch.. but after speaking with my TL i think we will be able to change it to 9-530 once the pilot is up (the middle of august) .. my team is mentally exhausted and we have one bad apple that is making it worse for everyone but its getting better.

To wrap it up... the Price Accuracy Pilot is ok. As long as you have an STL who cares and ETLs who enforce the zoning for us (always zone an area of softlines the night before or morning we have to go through) and TMs communicate with us about abandons they are putting up it works.. I just only wish it would get bumped back an hour or two earlier.. :) If there is no communication in your store and the STL/ETLS dont care about you.. your team is screwed :p

Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back