Archived Price Accuracy Pilot Program

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is anyone else part of this test where Price, instead of working between the hours of 6-230 will now work between 11-730? I don't like the fact that the two hours in the morning that we get without the store being open(the most productive 2 hours) will now be taken away from us as well as the quiet hour or two before all hell breaks loose. The availability of the team due to their family fit well with Price Accuracy.. now it's all up in the air... It's supposed to fill the lack of team members on the floor, which granted, it does.. They tried bringing us in a couple hours later during the holidays and it didn't work. Now they want us to come in a whole 5 hours later?

If that is a permanent thing I would try to xfer out of pricing. For people who mainly just work in the morning and hardly ever work past 2:30 or so, they have NO IDEA about the hell that is closing. I am not sure the exact numbers but I would have to imagine that like 60%-70% of our sales have to come after 2 or so. I know for Market, 4-8 is supposedly when 50% of our sales come from

there is almost always constant backup along with IMO more angry and rude guests and you have to deal with a bunch of kids running around the store too since they are out of school by then.

I personally HATE closing but that might be because for Market we are expected to zone the entire G block which includes the trash bags, toilet paper, kleenex, paper towels and plastic containers for food. All in total it is G1-G44 but each aisle has 8 sections so if it was like any other area in hardlines it would actually be more like G1-G58. Oh and then there is the usual pfresh stuff to do and we are by ourselves with almost no overlap most days so its just 1 person having to go through all of market...such fun!!! Oh and I forgot helping guests both on the phone and in person in other areas other than market because they can never find anyone else or back up cashiering for 30 minutes a clip OR covering electronics because I guess salesfloor cant do it?

Also if we want to talk about the best position in the store it almost assuredly has to be Softlines Adjaceny setters. They NEVER have to work during the night and for the morning usually softlines is a ghost-town until noon or so. I also cannot remember the last time a softlines callbox or a call for softlines has been heard although to be fair the operator probably answers most softlines related questions. It never seems like they are behind or stress out about doing it either...its always smiles and happy times!

Wow, "usojelly" I think YOU Are So Jelly! JEALOUS of your price change team that is. You sound like a real B-ch. Nobody at my store seems to be that resentful to the price change team. Plano is M-F mornings too most of the time. Haven't heard of this at my store yet but it seems obvious that nobody, no matter what work center, would appreciate working a stupid shift like 11-7 everyday.

You sound ignorant. You must be on the pricing team.

It will depend on the size of your store. This change will be used at stores with a 7:30am flow process.

We are a 6am process. So you think we're just testing it out for the 730am stores?
Good chance...
You made my otherwise bleak day much better with that ray of hope.
Don't give up. My store is suppose to have 6am process for flow. The new DM made 4am to be practical, with 4 to 5 hours shifts. Then, pricing team covering the floor after 8am.

The whole can't get off in time is BS. They can't force you to stay. The forecast is put out 2 weeks ahead for scheduling. Now we all know that it is rarely accurate, but we also know it rarely makes a significant jump that can't be handled within 24 hours notice (which is what you have). Every team has time constraints and to put it bluntly, pricing has it easiest. We won't even get into how the pricing team likes to drag out their work and spin it as if it's absolutely necessary.

You are right I dont have to stay. But if I want to actually be scheduled in this "easy" workcenter It is frowned upon to leave a workload overdue. And you are also right that stickering a bunch of items compared to tearing down shelves or pushing a whole truck is easier. But it does sound like you have hatred for price change and your opinion is extremely biased. I work my butt off. If your price change team doesnt, that is completely different. But if youre just mad at them that they "have it easy" Try working a wednesday in market before a heavy transition when everything is "PTM". Its not always easy. Pog has had a 12 hour workload recently. Instocks has had a very small task list too.. Every team has it easy at some point.. and then BTS hits.

Wow, "usojelly" I think YOU Are So Jelly! JEALOUS of your price change team that is. You sound like a real B-ch. Nobody at my store seems to be that resentful to the price change team. Plano is M-F mornings too most of the time. Haven't heard of this at my store yet but it seems obvious that nobody, no matter what work center, would appreciate working a stupid shift like 11-7 everyday.

You sound ignorant. You must be on the pricing team.

How amusing, I was completely expecting this response/assumption from you. No, actually I work Flow. I have helped pricing before, it's really not as easy as you think. My point is why be that resentful of other people, if they seemingly "have it made", well good for them. If you don't like your own work situation or schedule then do something about it.

It's not that easy. Pricing team at my store have all been there over 20 years.

Someone earlier said this change is supposed to be for 7:30am unload stores? Aren't 7:30am stores ULV? If they are, pricing is not anywhere near an 8 hour shift....more like 4. They may or may not pad their hours with plano at my store, but they certainly aren't anywhere near full time without other work centers.

They're full time at my store, but there's only three. Have I done it? Yes. Would I say it's easy? I can't answer that because I didn't do everything. I would say that the job I did was pretty easy. Is flexible fulfillment hard? No. Is printing barcode labels for cases hard? No.

You are right I dont have to stay. But if I want to actually be scheduled in this "easy" workcenter It is frowned upon to leave a workload overdue. And you are also right that stickering a bunch of items compared to tearing down shelves or pushing a whole truck is easier. But it does sound like you have hatred for price change and your opinion is extremely biased. I work my butt off. If your price change team doesnt, that is completely different. But if youre just mad at them that they "have it easy" Try working a wednesday in market before a heavy transition when everything is "PTM". Its not always easy. Pog has had a 12 hour workload recently. Instocks has had a very small task list too.. Every team has it easy at some point.. and then BTS hits.

How amusing, I was completely expecting this response/assumption from you. No, actually I work Flow. I have helped pricing before, it's really not as easy as you think. My point is why be that resentful of other people, if they seemingly "have it made", well good for them. If you don't like your own work situation or schedule then do something about it.

Don't be so quick to assume that I have never been on or lead the pricing team for at least 1 year, with green numbers (excluding things beyond our control). Also don't be so quick to assume that I am mad at them... Again I say there is no reason that the pricing team can not work that schedule and still be 100% complete and it is as easy as I think.

I'm in a ULV with 2 full time pricing tms. The third does work in other work centers, but 2 are just pricing.

After seeing your post in a different thread and how you show favoritism, I see why you are whining about a possible schedule change.

Ours are 6 til what ever the work load calls for. Having done 11 to 7 mid day in stocks I can say that shift stinks for when you have family. I'd quit for sure if they told me that is be my time every day. Few times a week is OK but not 5.

TMs should be forced to rotate just like ETLs.
This would be great if all TM positions were created equal. They aren't.

Now, if you're talking about rotating HL and SL salesfloor (and maybe even cashiers) I'm for it. The Sam's Club I worked at rotated the salesfloor team leads regularly.

I guess I don't see the issue with completing the workload most days. As it is now, except for the rarest of occasions, my pricing finishes the days workload (salesfloor today/overdue and Backroom) and usually gets at least a quarter to a half of tomorrow's work before they head to the time clock to clock out on time. They help with ad set on Sundays, so between Friday and Sunday, they are consistently done with all of Monday's salesfloor workload by the time they leave Sunday around noon. So that might change if my team couldn't work ad set shifts on Sunday, but otherwise I don't see them having any issue finishing their workload.

For some reason I just now saw this. We tend to get ahead on Mondays and tuesdays. But working 16 hours on Wednesday and 16 hours on tuesday.. we can't ALWAYS finish 5500 tickets for Wednesdays workload. And that's the hours we are given. Because we get forecasted weekly at 7000 tickets.. so they give us 70 hours.. our workload goes up to 8500 and then they say we are "overspending" when we actually use the 85 hours. And Sunday we have one Pricing TM scheduled to get ahead but they are stuck until at least 11 doing signing/endcap audits/ad audits.. so it is almost a waste of hours to schedule them because "only 2 hours of signing can be scheduled per tm" and the rest has to be pricing.. im telling you, some of my LODs are idiots..they won't make the TL do the end caps and the LOD do the ad audit like they used to..
:rolleyes::)

Edit;; when I go in tomorrow I will take a picture of the paper that was posted on our board telling everyone about the test.

Last edited:
Here is what was posted in our TSC.

I just don't see what their "thorough plan" is. They haven't said anything to us except to expect to be scheduled between 11-7.. My TL won't be scheduled pricing.. they'll be scheduled POG.. That won't change. POG needs my TL for the grocery transition.. lol.
and my TL seems to think that the workload doesn't run late until the next day.. not at 8pm.. is there anything on workbench that physically says 8pm so I can show them?

Attachments

• pa1.jpg
    pa1.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 68
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back