Archived Price adjustments for TMs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyways, more on topic, price challenging as a TM is extremely tricky. I had a TM trying to tell me dog food was buy one get one 25% off but "it wasn't ringing up like that" and she's a cashier so I'm kind of like "You're joking, right?" and she was dead serious. Nothing in the ad-book, guy back in petfood was like "oh yeah there's an expired AD sign I'll take it down." and I'm trying to remain nice and I'm like "heh... I'm sorry... but you know I still can't do that, I'm sorry there was still a sign there, but it was an expired ad." and she wanted to speak to the GSTL.. who gave it to her.

To protect yourself, never do a price adjustment for a TM. Your TM doesn't have the power to fire you, but you're going to risk AP flagging you as an internal? Don't do it. If your GSTL is going to risk their job for it, then fine let them do it under their own number. As an ETL I'm still not going to do it. I'm not worried about my job, I just don't want to do it. I have to put up with the whining guests all day and make it right for them. I'm not doing it for a TM. The price in the register is correct, I don't care if there is an expired sign up. It was a mistake, it will be fixed, suck it up.

White shelf tags don’t have dates.
This. I sat there for a good 5 minutes comparing the tags to see if I could identify any difference other than the price. If I had seen dates, i wouldn't have bumped my complaint here.

Okay,

Okay, so today I shopped at a different Target. And guess what. The EXACT same product that I've had repeated problems with at my store, two different shelf tags on the exact same shelf for the exact same item. Again, these are regular white tags, NOT sale signs. Howindafuh am I supposed to know AS A GUEST (meaning I'm not on the clock and don't have access to a MyDevice) which one is right until it scans at the register???? And why AS A GUEST am I not entitled to an adjustment if it rings at the higher price?
This is why I do 90% of my Target shopping at a different Target. The 10% I do at my store are snacks or clearance items that have an additional markdown.

Not in my store. We had a endcap last night for a item that said $2.59, regular price $3.79. They wouldnt change it for me & i showed the gsa & 2 lods & a tl

Wouldn’t it make more sense to just work an extra half hour or so to make up more than the difference in terms of cost and time (and not potentially alert your employer of shady stuff)?
In all fairness, that may not be an option with how tight hours are right now.

More systemic problems at Target. Can't even have hours to make sure the prices are correct. Signs left up all over the place.

What would you guys do with the consumables law? Would you give one item free if it rang up for the wrong price or does the Targrt rule still stand higher?

What would you guys do with the consumables law? Would you give one item free if it rang up for the wrong price or does the Targrt rule still stand higher?
Some states do have laws like that but most do not.

My store we honor the lower price if the exact item has a label for that item and it’s wrong. Wrong spot, no dice.

This thread scares me...I've found a whole bunch of mis-signed items while doing my thing but it never occurred to me to leave it and try to get a deal...even if ticking off AP wasn't a risk I would still feel douchey like one of those "can I speak to a manager" people with the "can I speak to a manager" hairdo...nope

The closest I've ever come to price challenging was once when I bought something that I thought was on Cartwheel and it didn't take, but I quickly realized the Cartwheel was only for the smaller size item and I grabbed the bigger one, oops

The only thing I challenged was a cartwheel discount that should’ve applied but didn’t (and it was obvious that it should’ve).

I've done it, but when I have seen an error at another store. Back when my payment was on the CurrentC app so they did not know I was a TM.

I would have done the same thing. Any time a TM comes through my line and price challenges I immediately lose respect for them. Like you know how fucking annoying it is and you decide to be part of the problem? Fuck off and shop somewhere else if you don’t like our prices
Wow, I had this same problem on Saturday night with a team member who was technically shopping after our store closed (I assume she was closing for another department too and could not buy anything until she clocked out). She challenged an item that was $3 or so, and showed me her Target app, which said it was about $2. I was just simply impatient and I wanted to go home, so I just changed it for her regrettably. However, when she challenged another item, she said that she didn't want to risk being flagged by AP. I was about to scream why didn't you say that earlier for the other item you challenged. She was indecisive about how to pay and I was telling her to hurry up since I wanted to clock out and go home. It was just annoying and I wish that I didn't have to deal with that crap.

Ok but the Target app price isn't unethical. You can price match to Target.com and that's the price that shows up if you are using the app in-store. A weird, not very good quirk IMO because guests get really irritated about it.

It's not ok to argue a price when you know the shelf tag or signage is wrong.

At least that's how I understand it.

Ok but the Target app price isn't unethical. You can price match to Target.com and that's the price that shows up if you are using the app in-store. A weird, not very good quirk IMO because guests get really irritated about it.

It's not ok to argue a price when you know the shelf tag or signage is wrong.

You're correct. TMs are allowed to price match, even to Target.com but it is not okay to guest price challenge old ads or signage. I had a TM in Market price challenge an item because of an expired ad sticker and it bugged me because it's THEIR job to take it down. Didn't have AP at the time tho, so nothing's been done.

You're correct. TMs are allowed to price match, even to Target.com but it is not okay to guest price challenge old ads or signage. I had a TM in Market price challenge an item because of an expired ad sticker and it bugged me because it's THEIR job to take it down. Didn't have AP at the time tho, so nothing's been done.

At your store, I'd agree. If I am shopping at a different store, then I'd challenge the price if over $5

Wouldn't not honoring a white shelf label or sale sign without a date for a TM fall under false advertising laws?

Wouldn't not honoring a white shelf label or sale sign without a date for a TM fall under false advertising laws?
All our sale signs have dates. If the regular label is wrong, then I guess you could argue but if you knew about it because you work at the store (and didn’t fix it), then it’s a no no.

All our sale signs have dates. If the regular label is wrong, then I guess you could argue but if you knew about it because you work at the store (and didn’t fix it), then it’s a no no.
Just because you work there doesn't mean you know. I don't know the right price for a pack of batteries or a box of rice because I don't work in those areas.

Just because you work there doesn't mean you know. I don't know the right price for a pack of batteries or a box of rice because I don't work in those areas.
Oh I know. I’m just saying if you DO know, and don’t fix it, then take advantage of it, that’s probably gonna get you termed

Thank you. This is exactly what I've been on about for the last 4 pages. My store has repeatedly had the wrong price on the white shelf strip for MP milk. And I keep being told here that I can't challenge that when it rings at a higher price than the strip says. The exceptionally annoying part is that it KEEPS happening. The price will be wrong for a few days, and then it will be fixed (either a new shelf strip or the computer is updated) for a while, and then they won't match again, and over and over and over. If I'm this annoyed, how angry do you think our guests are getting that we can't keep it right?

Also, for the "if you do know and don't fix it" part? I'm a cashier. I don't know how to fix it. The only thing I know to do is price adjust - guest challenge and let it alert to the MyDevices.

Thank you. This is exactly what I've been on about for the last 4 pages. My store has repeatedly had the wrong price on the white shelf strip for MP milk. And I keep being told here that I can't challenge that when it rings at a higher price than the strip says. The exceptionally annoying part is that it KEEPS happening. The price will be wrong for a few days, and then it will be fixed (either a new shelf strip or the computer is updated) for a while, and then they won't match again, and over and over and over. If I'm this annoyed, how angry do you think our guests are getting that we can't keep it right?

Also, for the "if you do know and don't fix it" part? I'm a cashier. I don't know how to fix it. The only thing I know to do is price adjust - guest challenge and let it alert to the MyDevices.
I fixed the problems with this in pets by going the archaic route. I use the price accuracy label print in the POG label print section of our wonderful program for printing labels in mass in the fixure room.

Seems to me that if we honor an old sign for a guest then that same price ought to be given to the TM.
In the past, when I've found an incorrect (or old) sign still up, I'll take it down....however, if I'm buying that item I'll bring up the incorrect sign and go to GS and then show them the sign and they'll adjust the price.

I feel like the only reason we honor prices for guests is so they leave with a “good experience” and want to come back. For TMs it doesn’t matter, they work here we’re not trying to win them over lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back