Archived Price Match at Checklanes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanzano

GSTL
Its been recently revealed that through Q4 we will begin price matching at all checklanes - removing the need for the guest to price match exclusively at guest service. This comes with a $20 empowerment for the cashiers, anything over will require supervisor approval. Thoughts?

Personally, I am dreading trying to teach some of my cashiers how to price match. There is a reason some of them aren't GS trained...

I watched a tl, do a price match at electronics. I was ready to say please don't do that here. More than 100.00. Their number was on it, not mine.

It's great for the guests, but I agree about it being an issue amongst cashiers. How is this supposed to work, because I was taught we can't honor prices on a guest's phone. The price has to be checked on the iPad at GS.

My store price matches in electronics. We keep a copy of the Price Match Guarantee nearby and expect every electronics team member to know it. If something is discounted by anything over $30 we just let AP know it was price matched and where.

Its been recently revealed that through Q4 we will begin price matching at all checklanes - removing the need for the guest to price match exclusively at guest service. This comes with a $20 empowerment for the cashiers, anything over will require supervisor approval. Thoughts?

Personally, I am dreading trying to teach some of my cashiers how to price match. There is a reason some of them aren't GS trained...
This just sounds awful can't wait until they take this away in a few months when people abuse it

Wally world is removing and Target is implementing it. I don't think this is the type of guest you want Targé

It's almost like The Powers That Be have their heads so far up their asses they can see daylight again.

So the metric that is stressed is cashier speed, but then they're going to add price matching ability at the lanes?--which will take time for the cashier to turn on their blinker, takes time for the GSTL to respond to that blinker, takes time for the GSTL to verify the price match (I'm assuming just on a mydeice), and then time to enter in the prices, etc. Then add in those guests who price match multiple toys during the holidays to multiple stores. Sounds like a huge waste of time, I feel like it'll be better left to guest service to handle price match.

At my store you can price match anywhere, all cashiers know the policy and if they are unsure they call GSTL or refer them to Guest Service.

I guess I'll need to learn this because I go up for backup practically every shift.

That's true, I haven't thought about that. Most salesfloor TMs would have to learn how to price match too. Why don't they skip the training of possibly every TM and just add another at gs to help with the lines?

No offense to the cashiers at my store, I love them and all, but most of them I can't even trust with sorting at gs, how am I gonna not go crazy with this?

When I do guest service I have to manually scan the product with the iPad and make sure it matches so imagine how time consuming that'll be on the check lanes especially when there isn't a gstl around and I doubt they'll provide everyone with a iPad.

I heard a team member ask the ETL on walkie if we price match Target.com . He said no. I'm like wth, I'm pretty sure it stated that clearly on the Target website that we do. I lose my respect when ETL don't even know their own policy smh

When I do guest service I have to manually scan the product with the iPad and make sure it matches so imagine how time consuming that'll be on the check lanes especially when there isn't a gstl around and I doubt they'll provide everyone with a iPad.
At my store, all the devices had the price match app on them, but then it just dissappeared one day. Maybe they're going to bring that back to all the mydevices again.

The cashiers do not have to verify the price match. The guest will just show the ad on their mobile device or bring the paper ad. The cashier can do the price match up to $20 without supervisor approval. The guest service TMs will still have to verify price matches on the iPad mini. WTF Target?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back