Archived Price match question

Status
Not open for further replies.

busyzoningtoys

Finally almost getting paid enough.
So today I was chatting with a team lead about our Apple Watch sale this week and mentioned that Best Buy has the series 2 on sale and that I wonder how many people will be price matching that sale (since ours is only on the series 1). He said none because we don't price match when things are on sale somewhere, just their 'regular' price. Is this true?

No that's not true at all. I hope he's not a GSTL.

Price match policy: shop with confidence

It just has to be in their print ad or available at that price on their website. You can even use your TM discount on top of the price match.
False. Team member discount can only be used with Target.com.. I've had to call out some team members for that.

On can use team member discount with price match on target.com. items only, reason being you would not be able to use your tm discount at a competitors

Target store price matches and adjustments are completed at the store on any lane. Did anyone else see this??? Not happening in my store. Guest needs to take it to GS to verify PM.

Here's a question.... Does your store match Amazon Prime or Marketplace? In order to have Prime you need to pay a yearly fee to have it.

Pretty sure membership deals or anything not available to anybody wouldn't apply.

Guess it depends on who you get at the store. I price matched a TV that was on sale at Costco...looked it up on my phone, they matched the model and gave me the lower price. Then used my discount and redcard as well, after the PM.

Target store price matches and adjustments are completed at the store on any lane. Did anyone else see this??? Not happening in my store. Guest needs to take it to GS to verify PM.
if it's like under $5 and it's target.com i will do it at the lane, otherwise, to GS you go.

Guess it depends on who you get at the store. I price matched a TV that was on sale at Costco...looked it up on my phone, they matched the model and gave me the lower price. Then used my discount and redcard as well, after the PM.
so you can do places like costco or sams club AS LONG AS it does NOT say "sign in to see this price"

False. Team member discount can only be used with Target.com.. I've had to call out some team members for that.

On can use team member discount with price match on target.com. items only, reason being you would not be able to use your tm discount at a competitors

Team Member discount CAN be used when price matching competitors. This policy has changed quite a bit. Originally, no TM discount could be used at all, then it was briefly only for Target.com price matches. About a year ago, it changed to include all competitors that we price match to.

Source: SubCategory Article
Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 7.23.59 PM.png

General Rules for Price Matching.

- We do NOT verify prices on a guest's mobile device. We must verify it through the Price Match App. Going through the web browser on the Guest Service Ipad is fine as well in the case the Price Match App doesn't work.

-We only do normal sales. We don't price match Clearance, close out, package deals that come with free items, ect. It just has to be a normal sale.

-Items must be in stock at the time of price match.

-We do not price match third parties. Websites like Amazon, Barnes & Nobel, and WalMart have third party sellers on their websites. The merchandise must be shipped and sold by the actual retailer.

-Coupons may be used with price match, but ONLY manufacture coupons. Target coupons and cartwheel do not combine with price match.

-One price match per DPCI. For example, if a toy is cheaper at Toys R Us, and the guest wants to purchase 3 of them and price match all 3, we can't do that. We can only do one per guest. Having said that, I'm pretty lenient on this rule if it's a small difference, low value, and not something I suspect to be a reseller.

It did say that, but I signed in, since I'm a Costco member. lol. The guy even told me to sign in so it shows the price.
That was not "brand" and should not have been done. I mean if it's like $5-10 no one really cares but if it's more than like $20 he should not have done that.

TM Discount 100% can be used with price matches. This policy changed about 18-20 months ago
Costco should never be price matched (and they typically don't have the same models or anything, specially for that reason. It's all bulk-er or Costco specific models.
Amazon can be price matched provided it doesn't say For Prime Members only (which some things do) and it's shipped AND sold by Amazon.com - no 3rd party marketplace sellers.

TM Discount 100% can be used with price matches. This policy changed about 18-20 months ago
Costco should never be price matched (and they typically don't have the same models or anything, specially for that reason. It's all bulk-er or Costco specific models.
Amazon can be price matched provided it doesn't say For Prime Members only (which some things do) and it's shipped AND sold by Amazon.com - no 3rd party marketplace sellers.
Not true. Our official price match policy lists Costco. As long as it's not sign in to see price.

Not true. Our official price match policy lists Costco. As long as it's not sign in to see price.
Interesting. Will definitely cede being wrong on that. Though I'm still fairly sure 95% of what they sell has a different model # than other stores even with no spec differences so they can't actually be matched. (Every TV I just quickly checked that was the case)

page1image284

 Amazon.com
 Babiesrus.com
 BedBathandBeyond.com  Bestbuy.com
 Barnesandnoble.com
 Buybuybaby.com
 Costco.com
 CVS.com
 Diapers.com

 DicksSportingGoods.com  Gamestop.com
 JCPenney.com
 Kmart.com

 Kohls.com
 Macys.com
 Newegg.com
 OfficeDepot.com  Petco.com

 Petsmart.com
 SamsClub.com  Sears.com
 Staples.com
 Toysrus.com
 Ulta.com
 Walgreens.com  Walmart.com
 Wayfair.com

Who Do We Match?

Online Competitor List

I'm never sure about print ads. Does anyone know if we match, Kroger's, Dollar General, Walgreens, Big Lot's, Rite Aid or CVS?

I'm never sure about print ads. Does anyone know if we match, Kroger's, Dollar General, Walgreens, Big Lot's, Rite Aid or CVS?

I've price matched Dollar General before after asking our GSTL. I was just covering a lunch, so she explained it to me. I wouldn't be surprised if we did the rest also...with the exception if it requires one of their loyalty cards I suspect.

We do, and the guest has to have the entire ad, they can't just bring one page. I don't like doing it though, because you can't always verify they're the same product. Some ads are vague or not very descriptive. But yes, we do accept them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back