Pride merch

Never once in any post have I said to get rid of the LGBTQ community.

you know what, you’re right, maybe you haven’t said that…

I have said save it for yourself and quit trying to convert the whole world into thinking your lifestyle should be accepted by everyone.

nevermind, you said it

It is like pineapple on pizza, some like it and some don't. I don't want it not to exist I just don't want it on my pizza.

your pizza, in this case, is your life. if you don't want to be gay, don't be gay! if you don't want to transition from male to female, don't! you do not get to dictate that the pizzeria not sell pineapple because it isn't your thing. don't buy the bathing suit, but you don't get to tell other people that they can't. also... it's quite literally promoting modesty by keeping genitals out of view, so that really seems like something you should be onboard with. your problem is what, exactly? that a child might have read a hang tag on a piece of apparel with the words "tuck friendly" that you would have needed to lift two other tags out of the way to even see? on a piece of apparel that has since been removed from all 1900 stores across the country?

Exist all you want, but don't be wearing leather chaps with your ass hanging out or a fish net shirt with nipple clamps in public.

You can picket both, definitely protect the children from predators at churches and drag shows.

Never once in any post have I said to get rid of the LGBTQ community. I have said save it for yourself and quit trying to convert the whole world into thinking your lifestyle should be accepted by everyone.

It is like pineapple on pizza, some like it and some don't. I don't want it not to exist I just don't want it on my pizza.

Sure there are adult objects sold in stores, maybe they shouldn't be either. But my point is that selling a vibrator in target isn't the same as selling a bathing suit that encourages you to hide your penis so you can look more like the opposite sex. It just isn't. That's why they have special boutiques for stuff like that, keep that side of your life private.

Can we start with the most fundamental problem here and say, it isn't a lifestyle.
Being LGBTQ is who they are at the most fundamental level.
This is not a religion or political party that you can choose or change.
They were born that way and will die that way.
Just like skin color and many disabilities.

With that in mind it doesn't matter if you like it or not, if agree with it or not, they have the right to live their lives like everyone else.
This means with the same access to food, clothing, shelter, jobs, and all the mryiad other things you take for granted.
Being able to walk down the street holding hands with your spouse without someone spitting on you.
Kissing your partner before they go to work without some Karen screaming at you because you did it in front of their rugrats.
They have the right to live in a safe, accessible country where they are treated like everyone else.
You don't get to decide how they dress and lead their lives.

Comparing human rights to pineapple on pizza is disingenuous at best and toxic at worst.
They are not something you just choose to have or not. To like or not.
You do it because that is the very basis of your country.

As I've said before, big corporations are going to want to make money off the LGBTQ population.
You don't have to like it but they have no agenda other than money.
So the rainbow stuff will continue only if money will continue to be made.

LGBTQ people existing and thriving on the other hand, that is beginning to worry me.
There are hundreds of anti-trans bills in different states, bills to ban books about LGBTQ folks in libraries, bills to make legal for doctors to not have to treat LGBTQ people...
The fucking list is endless.
Homeland Security has issued a warning that attacks and threats against LGBTQ folks are going up substantially.
For those of us with family and friends who are LGBTQ this is really upsetting.
Seeing someone compare their rights to pineapple on pizza, almost like their lives aren't real, can cause very strong emotions.
I know that when you don't have someone who you really love being threatened by what is going on it doesn't matter but please just... do better.

Last edited:
There were gay people on my team and trans people on my store team. Good people, I am honored to call them friends. They are like everyone else, trying to get through life, be accepted for who they are and be safe. They are not interested in recruiting anyone or changing anyone’s orientation (which is impossible anyway), are not pedophiles and are not interested in harming kids in any way. What they are interested in is getting through life without being judged for who they are or having oppressive laws passed that target them or having the crap beat out of them regularly or being murdered by some hater just for being themselves. Apparently for some people seeing gay or trans people makes them ”uncomfortable“. For that gay or trans person, “uncomfortable” is wondering if they can get to work and home again without being physically attacked or killed. No comparison.

There were gay people on my team and trans people on my store team. Good people, I am honored to call them friends. They are like everyone else, trying to get through life, be accepted for who they are and be safe. They are not interested in recruiting anyone or changing anyone’s orientation (which is impossible anyway), are not pedophiles and are not interested in harming kids in any way. What they are interested in is getting through life without being judged for who they are or having oppressive laws passed that target them or having the crap beat out of them regularly or being murdered by some hater just for being themselves. Apparently for some people seeing gay or trans people makes them ”uncomfortable“. For that gay or trans person, “uncomfortable” is wondering if they can get to work and home again without being physically attacked or killed. No comparison.

And @Black Sheep 214 manages to say in a handful of sentences what it took me six paragraphs.
Great job.

Pineapple on pizza is gross. No I haven't tried it. I doubt I ever will. Please can we bring back Buffalo Chicken pizza? What's really offensive is seeing all these people enjoy Pineapple Pizza when I can't get my Buffalo Pizza. I think if I was full of good pizza I wouldn't care so much, maybe I'm just hungry

Great job admitting here that you think being part of the LGBTQ+ community is a "choice." Gonna out myself real quick, but I did not CHOOSE to be bisexual. How's that for thinking it's a "decision?"
Well maybe you don't choose who you love or are attracted to I get that.

But people do choose to be trans. You can be a feminine man or a manly women but you make the decision to have a sex change or cut off parts of your body, it's a choice.

But people do choose to be trans. You can be a feminine man or a manly women but you make the decision to have a sex change or cut off parts of your body, it's a choice.
Did you choose to be male? Well, whatever answer you give will be the same as any person who is trans. Your gender identity is not your choice anymore than your sexual orientation. I've known way too many trans people to even think for a second that it is a choice. As for the "cutting off parts" you keep parroting, "bottom surgery" doesn't always involve removing anything and can just be for reshaping bits. Also, people who are not transgender get cosmetic surgery down there and probably at a much higher rate that people getting gender affirming care.

Last edited:

It is not a choice.
When did you figure out what gender you were?
Trans folk know at that same time.
They just aren't in the right body.
There is a reason that gender reassignment surgery has the lowest regret rate of all surgery at around 2%.
More people regret having children.
This is not something people do just cause.
It is the medical treatment prescribed by doctors for treatment.
It is just like having surgery to remove a cancer or my taking medication for epilepsy.
So no, it is not a choice.

Did you choose to be male? Well, whatever answer you give will be the same as any person who is trans. Your gender identity is not your choice anymore than your sexual orientation. I've known way too many trans people to even think for a second that it is a choice. As for the "cutting off parts" you keep parroting, "bottom surgery" doesn't always involve removing anything and can just be for reshaping bits. Also, people who are not transgender get cosmetic surgery down there and probably at a much higher rate that people getting gender affirming care.
So you mean to tell me that when someone is "born" in the wrong body and transition to the opposing gender. They aren't making that decision? They aren't making the decision to cut off body parts? It for sure is a choice. Like I said before, you could choose to just be a feminine male or a masculine female. People did this for a long time before transgender became such a phenomenon and still do.

No one is born in the wrong body, you are what you are. You may have more female or male tendencies but that doesn't make you something you aren't.

So you mean to tell me that when someone is "born" in the wrong body and transition to the opposing gender. They aren't making that decision? They aren't making the decision to cut off body parts? It for sure is a choice. Like I said before, you could choose to just be a feminine male or a masculine female. People did this for a long time before transgender became such a phenomenon and still do.

No one is born in the wrong body, you are what you are. You may have more female or male tendencies but that doesn't make you something you aren't.

FFS!
Yes, yes of course they have the "choice" of not getting prescribed medical treatment.
I have the choice to stop stop taking my antidepressants and my antiseizure medication too.
Of course, it wouldn't be too long before I would unalive myself, most probably in a very messy and public way, if I did but sure I have that choice.

My brain was wired with epilepsy ADHD, anxiety, and depression from birth.
I didn't get any say in the matter.
I do get to treat them with medication and coping skills.
Someone who is born trans takes medication the same way I do.
They have surgery and they develop certain coping skills.
That is medically accepted practice by every major medical group all over the world.

You can say trans people don't exist all you want but you are very, very wrong.
I'm sure you will try to say that isn't what you meant.
But that is exactly what you are saying when you say that nobody is born in the wrong body.
There are peer reviewed studies that show trans folks brains more closely resemble their identified gender.

Just because we didn't do something in the past doesn't mean it was better then.
We didn't do kidney transplants in the good old days either.
Should we stop doing those?
Just because you are squicked out by the concept doesn't mean you get to force that feeling on the world.

Last edited:

and we have actual, straight up transphobia. well done all

Back