Archived Printed Register Coupons

Status
Not open for further replies.
I paid my Starbucks with my red card, at least 4 times a week. I got only 2 Starbucks coupons & plenty other stuff I would not buy, so far.

I paid my Starbucks with my red card, at least 4 times a week. I got only 2 Starbucks coupons & plenty other stuff I would not buy, so far.

They don't have to give you a coupon, you already buy SB at least 4x/week. Try paying with cash for awhile, then go back to your RC and see if you get some coupons. The coupons are supposed induce you to buy something, but you're already buying it.

On another note, I haven't seen very many guests get those coupons these days.

When I was still working the SB counter, I saw plenty of them for a while.
There was the $1 off a drink, BOGO, free pastry with purchase, etc.
Then they started getting a little stingy: buy 2, get one free; $1.50 off two drinks, etc.

I assumed it was some sort of encrypted copy of your card info, not just your name and such. I get dif coupons for dif cards. And when my bank card was replaced post-breach I didn't get as many coupons as I had before the breach so I thought they were starting the info collection process all over again. And I get almost no coupons when I use my rarely used cc.

They gave me a coupon for diapers the other day and I'm guessing that was a malfunction lol. I have a niece who I buy unnecessary things for (sunglasses, tiny jogger pants, o-ball, other toys) but I never buy the boring stuff like diapers so Idk why it thought I needed that coupon. It didn't give me any other coupons either, so I was a little miffed lol.

One store had the Tastybite Indian noodles in a pouch on clearance half for $1.74. When I bought them a Catalina would print out ($2 on 3). Went back and got more and the same thing happened. Cashier mentioned to me they had a guest do the same thing four or five times in a row.

One store had the Tastybite Indian noodles in a pouch on clearance half for $1.74. When I bought them a Catalina would print out ($2 on 3). Went back and got more and the same thing happened. Cashier mentioned to me they had a guest do the same thing four or five times in a row.

That happens with GM cereal alot. Guest buys 2 boxes, gets a coupon for money off 3 boxes. Guest uses said coupon for savings on 3 boxes, and gets a coupon for money off of 4 boxes,

Yesterday, all of the coupons I got were for pet supplies, adult diapers, and Nicoderm patches! I have never purchased pet supplies, am not THAT old, and nobody in my household smokes!!! WTF?!?!!! Maybe the pet supplies were just printing out for everyone, but the other two were kind of offensive....adult diapers for someone under 50??? Sounds like they need to work on their algorithm!!!

Many grocery stores also use the Catalina Marketing system to dispense coupons to guests customers.

Anyone know how to fix a Catalina printer that prints blank coupons? The ink cartridge isn't empty, but the printer just spits out blank paper.
@mrknownothing - use a q-tip with rubbing alcohol across the area where it prints and where the ink comes out. Also run the damp q-tip on the cutting blade. Doing the q-tip cleaning also helps if it is only printing one color. IF that doesn't work call the help desk and ask them for the number for Catalina to see if they can talk you through the problem. Whatever you do, don't switch the coupon printers to other machines. Each one is linked to a certain machine. When you call help desk or catalina, you will need the machine number of the printer.. its usually on the side. I think they start with J or G. If they can not get it to work, you will have to have them get NCR, or whatever company repairs your registers, to come out with new machines and then they have to reprogram them.
We had this problem for months. Some were dirty machines, Some were programing issues. Some were problems that needed to be reset in the computer room. (AP was able to do that for us) but usually the sft (or whatever their position name is now) can do it. Its a matter of pushing a button and resetting a box.

Hope this helped.

@mrknownothing - use a q-tip with rubbing alcohol across the area where it prints and where the ink comes out. Also run the damp q-tip on the cutting blade. Doing the q-tip cleaning also helps if it is only printing one color. IF that doesn't work call the help desk and ask them for the number for Catalina to see if they can talk you through the problem. Whatever you do, don't switch the coupon printers to other machines. Each one is linked to a certain machine. When you call help desk or catalina, you will need the machine number of the printer.. its usually on the side. I think they start with J or G. If they can not get it to work, you will have to have them get NCR, or whatever company repairs your registers, to come out with new machines and then they have to reprogram them.
We had this problem for months. Some were dirty machines, Some were programing issues. Some were problems that needed to be reset in the computer room. (AP was able to do that for us) but usually the sft (or whatever their position name is now) can do it. Its a matter of pushing a button and resetting a box.

Hope this helped.
Yeah, we didn't realize that the printers only work with a certain register as they are printed over IP originally. We switched it out once and it kept printing the wrong register's coupons! That was interesting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back