Priority Pull

We pull priority pulls first and if time permits we will pull one for one by aisle to help alleviate the space in the backroom. Also quicker to push.

The idea is that you do priority pulls and then your normal 141s. If you're just replacing 141s with priority, you're doing it wrong. Priorities are for keeping things from going out of stock and for when you don't have time to do a full 141, they're not a replacement for 141s.
Not at my store. We've been told to no longer do one for ones.
It's been getting better the last week or so. My priority pulls are actually pretty large now, although still not as big in total as what I used to pull in one for one batches. OTC back room space is still very full, but it's not quite as awful as when this priority pull thing started. I'm hopeful the improvement will continue.
And things aren't going out of stock, unless it's a one-capacity item like a vaporizer. A couple examples from today: I pulled 5 of a sinus medicine where the capacity is 11 and 3 of a cough syrup where the capacity is 10. That part works pretty well.
What doesn't work so well is when the DC sends me two cases of the same kind of cough syrup when I already have the floor fully stocked and there's more in the back. Fortunately, it's a kind that sells well so I'm not worried about it expiring before it sells. Just takes up space I don't have a lot of these days.

Everything builds up over night, because your inbound crew is backstocking. If the floor counts are not adjusted to properly account for what's there, then the count will go up.

We are still pulling priorities, another stupid move from Target Corporate. Pull to pet an ego that the numbers are up. The priorities sit in an isle in the back room all day rendering carts useless and are in the way of SFS. We have to shuffle the priorities from isle to isle to pic items for guests. Oh! No worries they won't be there when a visitor shows up! Do away with the problem is the way I see it!!

We are still pulling priorities, another stupid move from Target Corporate. Pull to pet an ego that the numbers are up. The priorities sit in an isle in the back room all day rendering carts useless and are in the way of SFS. We have to shuffle the priorities from isle to isle to pic items for guests. Oh! No worries they won't be there when a visitor shows up! Do away with the problem is the way I see it!!
??? Priorities take the place of 1for1s...if they're hanging around in the back then that's a fault of whoever is pulling them needs to be pushing as well. Would you rather them pull 1for1s that will produce way more pulls??

We can’t put them in aisles because they move at my store. All but 6 move and two are tech do they are locked up most of the time

Back