Priority Pull

From what my etl said ut wasnt working the qay they wanted. We have been told to pull everything to keep our scores up.
same from my store. I asked my ETL if we could go back into priority because god 141s are too high in tech rn and she said that they got rid of them.

they didn’t work the way they wanted them to because sometimes the disconnect between hq and field is too great

for instance my store was a priority fill test store. we wound up dropping it because our dsd instructed us not to do priority fills to keep our OFO fill % higher despite being told by hq that as a test store our OFO fill % didn’t matter

add to that the fact that priority fill relies on accurate sfq (fat chance) and it was doomed from the start

they didn’t work the way they wanted them to because sometimes the disconnect between hq and field is too great

for instance my store was a priority fill test store. we wound up dropping it because our dsd instructed us not to do priority fills to keep our OFO fill % higher despite being told by hq that as a test store our OFO fill % didn’t matter

add to that the fact that priority fill relies on accurate sfq (fat chance) and it was doomed from the start
yueah. my store is the biggest in our state and we get flooded with shit. One day we got it was either 21 or 41 pallets of toys I don't remember. We got told that we just need to take stuff to the floor so we went back to 141

yueah. my store is the biggest in our state and we get flooded with shit. One day we got it was either 21 or 41 pallets of toys I don't remember. We got told that we just need to take stuff to the floor so we went back to 141
So my store just added Priority Pulls for the 3rd quarter.

Is this based on percentage of floor capacity?

The funny thing that is our Prority Pulls are so high they might as well be 1-4-1s.

So my store just added Priority Pulls for the 3rd quarter.

Is this based on percentage of floor capacity?

The funny thing that is our Prority Pulls are so high they might as well be 1-4-1s.

Yes, priority pulls are generated for items that have hit 30% or more OOS. So if an item has an SFQ of 10, once it hits 7 or less it will be added to the pull.

Of course at my store they were too lazy to even explain this.

I only know because the SD sent out an email to the leadership team because this became a focus for us this week too. Without that email, I'd have no idea what the distinction is either. Don't know how we're going to get this caught up since our priority pulls are almost as big as our 141s.

I would like if they stop priority pull and go back to normal one for ones . Every time we pull priority , half of them will be backstock and all they care now is do priority . The other one for ones are too high and we have no space in backroom but empty shelves in the floor while products are still back there . This week thanksgiving stuff started pouring in and we used up literally every nook and corner of our backroom .😕

I mean really, this company can't win. Everyone bitched and moaned about 141s, saying how ridiculous it is to pull one can of soup that sold when there are still 9 cans on the floor, etc. - now they are trying to rectify that and only pull when counts get lower and people are still not happy.

I would like if they stop priority pull and go back to normal one for ones . Every time we pull priority , half of them will be backstock and all they care now is do priority . The other one for ones are too high and we have no space in backroom but empty shelves in the floor while products are still back there . This week thanksgiving stuff started pouring in and we used up literally every nook and corner of our backroom .😕
If your priorities are pulling stuff that doesn't fit switching back to ofo won't fix that..you need to update your SFQs.

I mean really, this company can't win. Everyone bitched and moaned about 141s, saying how ridiculous it is to pull one can of soup that sold when there are still 9 cans on the floor, etc. - now they are trying to rectify that and only pull when counts get lower and people are still not happy.
I get why the priority pull is supposed to be a good idea - pulling 7 of the same kind of bandaids once is better than pulling 1 or 2 most days of the week. And it's easier to FIFO the Tylenol when the self-pusher spot isn't so full.
My problem is that the total of my priority pull is much, much smaller than the total of my one-for-one pull - and that means my back room space is very crowded. No one gave me a bigger back room when we switched to doing priority pulls.

I get why the priority pull is supposed to be a good idea - pulling 7 of the same kind of bandaids once is better than pulling 1 or 2 most days of the week. And it's easier to FIFO the Tylenol when the self-pusher spot isn't so full.
My problem is that the total of my priority pull is much, much smaller than the total of my one-for-one pull - and that means my back room space is very crowded. No one gave me a bigger back room when we switched to doing priority pulls.
The idea is that you do priority pulls and then your normal 141s. If you're just replacing 141s with priority, you're doing it wrong. Priorities are for keeping things from going out of stock and for when you don't have time to do a full 141, they're not a replacement for 141s.

I need them to add another condition to audit. It currently restricts an item from being audited if it was recently pulled. If I am the one who recently pulled it, allow me to audit it. So many items have incorrect on-hands(of course due to poor operations from others) and I want to fix the on-hands in the moment. Currently I just print shelf labels to a batch and go back the next day to fix it or ask the SD to assist since he has no restrictions which takes way more time then it should.

The idea is that you do priority pulls and then your normal 141s. If you're just replacing 141s with priority, you're doing it wrong. Priorities are for keeping things from going out of stock and for when you don't have time to do a full 141, they're not a replacement for 141s.
My pulls are so high that we couldn't pull priority ones yet alone the 1-4-1s anyway.

Unfortunately target is a metric based company and the only metric they care about rn is priority pulls.

I need them to add another condition to audit. It currently restricts an item from being audited if it was recently pulled. If I am the one who recently pulled it, allow me to audit it. So many items have incorrect on-hands(of course due to poor operations from others) and I want to fix the on-hands in the moment. Currently I just print shelf labels to a batch and go back the next day to fix it or ask the SD to assist since he has no restrictions which takes way more time then it should.
This...I cannot count how many times I have pulled, only to find wrong counts. I hate the fact we cannot audit it.

Does anyone know why priority pulls can continue to build overnight? No one is buying anything to affect the SFQ. Even orders dropping in shouldn’t affect it since they’d pull from the backroom first, so SFQs shouldn’t change. My domestics pull went from 71 remaining tasks to 128 after closing out and going back in at 3:30AM, and that’s the third time tonight it’s jumped up over 120 after I got it down to 70-80.

SFS doesn't pull from the back *first* for every batch - at my store. They pick from the closest or most convenient location. Domestics had a spend $50, save $15 promo (IIRC) - so that could explain the higher numbers for pull.
@YugTegrat

ETA: Do you have an overnight stocking team? Any errors made from the inbound team could affect pulls + things like MisPicks that aren't fixed.

There was no one picking for fulfillment at the time (only batches dropping in, which shouldn't affect SFQs) and the truck had been acknowledged hours prior. There's no reason for the SFQ's to have changed at all between when I started the batch and when I re-entered it.

Back