Archived Problem with GS Team Member

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifewithtarget

datebest.net - visit website and win smartphone!
So, I was talking to one of my GSTL's today and we were talking about a team member who usually works GS, but recently was put on cashiering. Apparently, her lackluster work and attitude caused her to get the boot over to cashier as she is no longer scheduled at Guest Service.

From the gist of this, it seems that they group and have meetings about things like that. So, how is it that I talk to three separate TL's and several GSTL's about another team member who never does their work, and then lies saying they did. They're often reading magazines and just leaving GS a mess, with crap all over the counters, and bins filled to the top.

I'm sorry, but last time I checked, I am not the maid. You're here for 8 hours, and you leave stuff everywhere. I have a shift after you for 5 hours and I get all her stuff cleaned up, PLUS doing my nightly tasks. It's just incredibly frustrating that I feel like I consistently stay on top of these things, I've notified several people, but the only thing I get is "Go with the flow", like I am not gonna be a janitor for a 30 year old woman, that's just plain out ridiculous.

Everyone I talk to gets it and understands she is a problem, but nothing is done to help the situation, as she still lies and does not complete her tasks. She is regarded as one of the better TM's at GS, and I feel like my work is constantly shoved under the rug.

I'm not cocky, but I do put forth the effort to provide great guest service and keep GS looking tidy.

I guess the saying is, they'll always notice the mess before they recognize the cleanliness.

Sorry for the rant!

I don't have anything to tell you because I've been in the exact same boat and I don't know what to do either. Granted it wasn't at GS, it was over at the lanes, but still. Shit sucks.

My guest service is the same. There's a group of middle age women, who, while very knowledgeable, are the worst people at actually completing tasks there. I kept complaining snd complaining and pointing out everytime I did well, and eventually I got put up there more and them less.

Best thing to do is just move from guest service trust me best decision i ever made. Plus have a great opp to be a tl now because of my hard work at guest service and now signing. Trust its not gonna change unless you force their hand to make a change.

The best way to show the people in charge is to get an opening shift and do way better than the awful person, and then point out to your GSTL how everything is done in a timely manner. They may not realize how slow the person is until there's someone in their same position who does much better.

I only see two people ever work GS at our store anymore. I get precedence over everyone except one of the younger cashiers (in terms of actual age, not seniority) who has the GSTL by the balls. She's 21, and if asked to do something she doesn't want to do threatens to quit, and because she's worked there since she was 16 she gets away with it.

I know others do work at GS if we're not there obviously, but if said 21 year old is at work 95% chance she's at GS, and if she's not there and I am, pretty much 100% chance that I am.

Luckily despite her shitty attitude she does do a good job, I can tell when I take over from her having been there earlier in the day because everything will be neat and tidy and I'm not doomed to play catch-up for several hours. Other than the two of us, there's just one older lady that does a decent job, and then a handful of people who I can tell were there the moment I walk over because they leave everything (including the cash drawer) an absolute mess.

I used to be the master of Guest Service lol. I would run the desk (with all tasks completed) and still find time to go over to photo and keep prints all caught up (when we had wet lab). Was at high vol super target.

In general everyone who worked at GS was competent.

We don't have anyone that works at photo, we just have a kiosk, maybe a few times a week someone will ask for help using it, so not had to add that task to the balancing act, but since it's iGS there is checking out numerous guests tossed onto the usual pile of shit to do.

We don't have anyone that works at photo, we just have a kiosk, maybe a few times a week someone will ask for help using it, so not had to add that task to the balancing act, but since it's iGS there is checking out numerous guests tossed onto the usual pile of shit to do.

A lot of people stopped using Target Photo since corp doesn't seem to give a shit about it anymore. My mom is one of the biggest target shoppers and now she does her photos at walgreens.

I would imagine moreso people stopped using it because digital cameras entirely changed photography. Far less people have film developed than did a decade ago.

I wish people would stop using Target photo. I don't mind the internet orders, but I don't have 45 minutes to walk a guest through the SELF serve kiosks.

Internet orders? We don't do those either. Didn't know that was even something Target offered.

I would imagine moreso people stopped using it because digital cameras entirely changed photography. Far less people have film developed than did a decade ago.
Nope. People still bring their memory cards in to do photos since they're (usually) better quality than out of people's printers. Well when Target had wet labs that is... The new instant printers are debatable.

My store was a wet lab minus the film (digital only), and we had a huge customer base for photo. I think that's starting to change though since Target is caring less about photo each year and guests are picking up on that.

Anyone remember doing control strips? Lol

Nope. People still bring their memory cards in to do photos since they're (usually) better quality than out of people's printers. Well when Target had wet labs that is... The new instant printers are debatable.

My store was a wet lab minus the film (digital only), and we had a huge customer base for photo. I think that's starting to change though since Target is caring less about photo each year and guests are picking up on that.
Anyone remember doing control strips? Lol
I do. But, you can't beat getting a .15 cent print while you are shopping.

Hypothetically their prints may have been higher quality than I would print at home, but the pictures I print at home look good enough that I doubt I'd notice a difference.

Am I the only one that really loves doing photo? We used to do film and I absolutely loved it; I loved being able to take out scratches and correct color and take ten-year-old film and actually make the prints look presentable. I've had guests bring in photos that were over a hundred years old! It's so much fun and you get to hear about their lives a little bit.

Am I the only one that really loves doing photo? We used to do film and I absolutely loved it; I loved being able to take out scratches and correct color and take ten-year-old film and actually make the prints look presentable. I've had guests bring in photos that were over a hundred years old! It's so much fun and you get to hear about their lives a little bit.
its not so bad, but they aren't scheduled solely for it. i've had some great vibe moments working photo. but you have a line out the door, you can't spend an hour with a guest on submitting their photo entry

I have been in your boat. I would have tons of crap piled up in the bins and defects never push to the back when coming in to open GS.

I also would come into Food Ave and find food left out, counters dirty, hot dog rollers still going....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back