Archived Problem with GSTL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same GSTL who was assigned as my traineer on my first day, but told the LOD that she didn't feel like training me, forcing the LOD(SRTL for hardlines) to "train" me.

I am hardlines so I only deal with her when I get called for backup, but my god she is a joy to work for. She is the only GSTL to give me dirty looks and roll her eyes no matter what the issue is. I know the second I turn on my "help" light (over-rides, credit card needs to be entered manually... etc) that I am in for an insult, whether it be "Are you stupid?", "Are you serious?", or my favorite "Why are you even working here?"

The other day I had a carry out for a guest, I rolled it up to the service desk, tried to tell her where it was but she ignored me rolled her eyes and gave me a dirty look... Literally 10 mins later she was flipping crap on the radio, I told her to look in front of the service desk, she found it but continued going off, my ETL got on the radio told her to stop and to go to channel 2, I was on a register so I couldn't switch to 2, but the rest of the day she laid off and gave me a fake smile.

What should I do though?
I am seasonal, everyone likes me, I have good reviews etc. but I seriously doubt they are going to keep me..
A. deal with HR
B. flip **** right back at her

Damn. Posts like this make me thankful to have GSTL's that are helpful, friendly, and not an *******.

Damn. Posts like this make me thankful to have GSTL's that are helpful, friendly, and not an *******.

Same here. When I started, I had a GSA who was a total *****, but that problem fixed itself when she got fired. Other than occasionally getting on my case about my lack of RedCard conversions, they're all great up front nowadays.

Honestly, you should go to HR regardless. Maybe your complaint will be the straw that broke the camel's back...

I agree. It shouldn't make a difference if a TM is long term or just seasonal. TMs have a right to be treated professionally.

Target wouldn't tolerate a TM acting like this so why should they tolerate anyone else acting so rudely & immaturely?

Target wouldn't tolerate a TM acting like this so why should they tolerate anyone else acting so rudely & immaturely?
LOL unfortunately at some stores they do tolerate this. I still dont think the op should tell if theyre not being kept on. They will be gone next week and problem solved. If they tell and are not kept they wont be around to see if anything was actually done about it and we all know target takes forever to take action!

I would totally go to HR simply because even if OP isn't kept on, you never know what other TM could be enduring the same crap from the GSTL and his voice could take care of a few peoples problem. Another TM may be too scared to say something.
Also, that kinda **** is for Walmart. Not Target. Even as crappy as Spot can be, you should NEVER take that crap.

HR. Definitely.

It doesn't matter if you are being kept or not, stand up for yourself. **** that being called stupid ****. Call the GSTL to the side, grab a TL you trust (or one who doesn't like the GSTL) to be a witness. Tell the GSTL you're not a child and will not be treated like one, and that her insults won't be put up with and they will stop immediately. Afterwards, go to HR anyway, **** that *****.

edit - added a word

Last edited:
They are pushing you around because you are seasonal.

Last edited:
Totally unprofessional behavior on her part and she needs to be pulled up by the short and curleys.
There's a chance that the store's culture is going to foster and encourage that dreck but in case it doesn't I would absolutely go to HR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back