Archived Process mobile registers in cash office?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple weeks ago our store received two new "mobile" registers. They are regular registers located on big red wheelie cart things that we supposedly can move around and use as needed to ease congestion at the lanes. They show up on our Register Closing Checklist as "MPOS 056" and "MPOS 057."

I work in the cash office and I have never been given any communication on how I'm supposed to handle banking these registers. I started advancing money to them with the rest of the registers but when I try to count them back into CP4000 the next day it says that "056" and "057" are invalid locations. I've just been counting them under the same dummy locations every day.

I've asked both my STL and ETL-AP if we have any official word on how we're supposed to be using these registers but they don't know anything. I don't have e-mail access or any way to contact the auditor to figure out if they can help. I can't find any mention of these registers anywhere on Workbench. Does anyone else have these stupid registers? Help me, Break Room. You're my only hope.

Does any of your GSA/GSTLs have access to email CSA?
They'd be the ones to who could tell you what loc numbers they should be counted under.
Until then you'll just have to continue using the dummy locs.
Which locs are you using, BTW?

We don't know the auditor's email. It's... a mess. I guess I could ask them to MySupport it? None of the GSTLs/GSAs are CO trained so whenever I try to explain the issue to them I just get a blank stare. I've been using locations 010 and 011.

I'd keep using those defunct locs until you get guidance from CSA.
As long as they're accepting them, there shouldn't be a problem. If there is, they'll contact your leadership.

Thanks! It just drives me crazy that there was absolutely no communication on how we're supposed to use these registers.

If nobody at your store knows, reach out to other stores in the district to see if they might be able to help.

Mobile, not Major, it's a flying turd.

Those registers get created when shit hits the fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back