Archived Promotion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

I’m new here and to Target as well. I originally applied to Target for a GSTL. When I went in for my interview, I was told that there was not a GSTL position open and they were not sure why their system let me apply for it. I did make it very clear that I wanted to move up the ladder and get into management. However, they still offered me a regular team member position in produce and I accepted. After about a week for working, I found out that there is a Food Team Lead position open. Should I talk to an ETL about getting this position? I have many years of retail experience and a few years of management experience as well.

Thanks for the advice!

Last edited:
Yeah CTL is no joke but if you want to move up for go it. We moved our strongest TL to consumables and hired a SFTL since those are much easier jobs.

If you're driven, determined, and fairly level-headed I can't see why you shouldn't try to apply. I am going to say it is a very demanding position that requires a lot of communication from your own coworkers as well as logistics, vendors and upper leaders since you're dealing with a lot of moving/delicate product.

Last edited:
Yeah CTL is no joke but if you want to move up for go it. We moved our strongest TL to consumables and hired a SFTL since those are much easier jobs.

If you're driven, determined, and fairly level-headed I can't see why you shouldn't try to apply. I am going to say it is a very demanding position that requires a lot of communication from your own coworkers as well as logistics vendors and upper leaders since you're dealing with a lot of moving/delicate product.

Who do you suggest I go to about this promotion. I have a pretty good relationship with both the HR team member and ETL-HR.
My TL (who is overseeing PFresh) is on vacation and the only interaction I've had with here is when she did my first interview.

ETL-HR and the ETL (Could be ETL-Consumables, ETL-Replenishment, ETL-Hardlines depends on your store) over that sections and if you want to impress the STL.

Who do you suggest I go to about this promotion. I have a pretty good relationship with both the HR team member and ETL-HR.
My TL (who is overseeing PFresh) is on vacation and the only interaction I've had with here is when she did my first interview.

Apply for it on ehr and then let your current leader know so you can get their support.

Hi everyone! Thank you for all of your input and suggestions. I was going to go to my ETL-HR today to talk about the FOOD TL position and she actually found me this morning before I even knew she was in the store. She sat me down and said it had just opened up and if her and she said she told the STL that if they knew the position was going to be open they would have filled it with me from the beginning.

So now, I have an interview for the position on Wednesday and she said that the DTL may want to chat with me (is this normal??) since he doesn’t know me and didn’t get a chance to meet me when he was in the store the other day.

I’ve been in management before but what should I expect and how should I prepare?? Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks Everyone!

That's awesome to hear. I'm glad you got that opportunity and didn't get the usual "Well you gotta work for it first" good job!
It is normal for the DTL to be involved in some capacity with TL hiring, even if the decision does not rest with them anymore.

A DTL will want to hear the target lingo. "Wins. Opportunities" Make sure you wear red and khaki. Smile a lot. Talk about motivating a team and sell, sell, sell.

Stuff they want to hear

Lol no

Flow TL is the hardest.

You've always known very little about the store. Our flow tl is simply our fastest pusher. While I respect flow TLs they have a pretty simple job and unlike most other tls don't have to deal with guest really.

Yes there is some strategy to a quick unload and managing their team but ours never coaches his tms for throwing crap where it doesn't belong and spends payroll like a drunken sailor.

HRTL (not senior, those with an etl hr) and Flow TL are probably the easiest TL jobs at Target.

You've always known very little about the store. Our flow tl is simply our fastest pusher. While I respect flow TLs they have a pretty simple job and unlike most other tls don't have to deal with guest really.

Yes there is some strategy to a quick unload and managing their team but ours never coaches his tms for throwing crap where it doesn't belong and spends payroll like a drunken sailor.

HRTL (not senior, those with an etl hr) and Flow TL are probably the easiest TL jobs at Target.
You're just an hrtm so you probably know this least of store operations outside of paperwork

The Flow TL is essentially a second BRTL as well. They don't "only push". in addition to bailing out Market when they are behind, they backstock, pull SF pogs, finish all the work SL leaves behind, deals with in stocks, fills the back wall with water, grabs carts before the cart attendant shows up.

HR just files papers

Go unload th truck in -10 temps and then say the job is the easiest

You're just an hrtm so you probably know this least of store operations outside of paperwork

The Flow TL is essentially a second BRTL as well. They don't "only push". in addition to bailing out Market when they are behind, they backstock, pull SF pogs, finish all the work SL leaves behind, deals with in stocks, fills the back wall with water, grabs carts before the cart attendant shows up.

HR just files papers

Sounds like you are a BRTL or a FLOWTL, or just a druggy that got the only job he/she could , flow, aka blows. Sorry that you suck and your job is going away. Target went through a list of positions and was like BR/flow USELESS!!; burn it. So bye. Apply to be a Cart Attendant now. Atleast youll have some use!

Lol no

Flow TL is the hardest.

HR just files papers

*Takes all the carts and leaves them dumped around the whole building for store open.

you obviously don't know anything about HR (target and non-target)

Sounds like you are a BRTL or a FLOWTL, or just a druggy that got the only job he/she could , flow, aka blows. Sorry that you suck and your job is going away. Target went through a list of positions and was like BR/flow USELESS!!; burn it. So bye. Apply to be a Cart Attendant now. Atleast youll have some use!

Okay guys! Lets keep it friendly! If you want to discuss this among yourselves in a private chat that's fine, but please don't do it here.

Thanks!

It's funny because the floor is now as empty as ever because the teams have no idea how the logistics process works

It's funny because the floor is now as empty as ever because the teams have no idea how the logistics process works

Not this at all. The days of people working alone in the backroom uninterrupted has been abandoned for the concept of expecting team members to be both task oriented and guest oriented.

To be fair to sales floor people taking backroom duties. I know you would piss your pants if you were on the floor

So maybe walk in someone else's shoes before you criticize them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back