Archived Protective equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

lrou98

Because of YOU
My knees are taking a beating when I'm zoning the low shelves on the floor. Ive seen the big dirty kneepads in the backroom but I dont think they would look too good in the beauty department or anywhere on the floor. My husband picked up some volleyball kneepads (from another store) that are really comfortable and fit under my pants. Would Target pay me back for these since they are only for work? Target doesn't sell any for adults. What would be the process or who would I ask about this? Thanks.

Well they dont pay for are work clothes and wont even hand out box cutters unless you ask. If you had a nice ETL and you bought them from target then they might store use them

I don't rely on Spot buying me the stuff I want. If I want it and they don't offer it, then I buy it for myself.

it is not a matter of wanting Kartman, I need something to protect my knees while working. If I want something, i will buy it like you. i was just wondering if they would pay for it like they did for my back support brace that I got at Target.

Hence the title of my post...Protective Equipment...not clothing or box cutters.

Well they dont pay for are work clothes and wont even hand out box cutters unless you ask. If you had a nice ETL and you bought them from target then they might store use them
They don't sell any for adults. My ETL is very nice.

One of our older team members has a pad from the lawn and garden section. I’m pretty sure she didn’t buy it. Probably had her TL requisition it. She uses it on the floor all the time.

I’ve also seen some team members use cardboard for their knees.

One of our older team members has a pad from the lawn and garden section. I’m pretty sure she didn’t buy it. Probably had her TL requisition it. She uses it on the floor all the time.
Thank you for the idea.

Hence the title of my post...Protective Equipment...not clothing or box cutters.
Back brace is one thing because if you hurt your back then spot might be held responsible if you prove it was because of work. Now knee pads dont normaIy count as PPE unles your job has you on you knees in rough situations alot like pmts for example.
I think your best bet would be to talk to your ETL or HT tm and ask if they can order your knee pads from the Equipment company they buy from. Im not sure what spot does but most companies use Uline for that kind of stuff and then the store would 100% pay for it

If you still have Lawn and Patio merchandise and see the knee pad, have the store requisition it for you. I keep an eye out for this particular item when it goes clearance and the fixture room now has at least 4 of these for anyone in the store to use especially when kneeling on the concrete floor. I have used these for years and it saves my knees. ;) Or buy one for you to bring to and from work...

My knees are taking a beating when I'm zoning the low shelves on the floor. Ive seen the big dirty kneepads in the backroom but I dont think they would look too good in the beauty department or anywhere on the floor. My husband picked up some volleyball kneepads (from another store) that are really comfortable and fit under my pants. Would Target pay me back for these since they are only for work? Target doesn't sell any for adults. What would be the process or who would I ask about this? Thanks.
No they wouldnt. You can double check with HR though, as all stores are different. One day at work, had unloaded the truck and alot of defective merchandise was coming off and I had various chemicals (including bleach), and alot of broken glass embedded in my clothes and skin. I asked hr for new clothes as the set i was wearing were heavily contaminated but was told, "You're outfits are not up to us. We can not keep issuing you work clothes (I only had received one, ever), you're just going to have to suck it up and when you take your lunch, BUY SOME OFF THE SHELF."

No they wouldnt. You can double check with HR though, as all stores are different. One day at work, had unloaded the truck and alot of defective merchandise was coming off and I had various chemicals (including bleach), and alot of broken glass embedded in my clothes and skin. I asked hr for new clothes as the set i was wearing were heavily contaminated but was told, "You're outfits are not up to us. We can not keep issuing you work clothes (I only had received one, ever), you're just going to have to suck it up and when you take your lunch, BUY SOME OFF THE SHELF."
That's a sad attitude. My store sucks most of the time but I know recently they bought a team member a new outfit because he couldn't afford new clothes and another new pants because he lost a good bit of weight and was refusing to buy new pants as the ones he was wearing were still new as he got them right when he started to lose weight.

Spot will not buy or reimburse you for anything. If you have a documented medical condition and it's required by the doctor, they will allow you to use what's required. Alternatively, you can ask if certain things are available on SAP. If it is, then your ETL shouldn't have a problem with ordering them.

Last edited:
I know an APS who had a pair of glasses smashed during an apprehension that turned in to a brawl about 3 months ago and he still hasn’t been compensated. He also smashed a phone on another altercation and was never compensated. Spot only provides the absolute bare minimum you need to do your job

He's never going to get compensated for the phone. Spot very clearly states that phones are not required for the job, TMs who have their phones with them/use them on the job do so at their own discretion, and any damage is not the responsibility of Spot.

He may have a case for the glasses if they were needed to correct vision problems.

He's never going to get compensated for the phone. Spot very clearly states that phones are not required for the job, TMs who have their phones with them/use them on the job do so at their own discretion, and any damage is not the responsibility of Spot.

He may have a case for the glasses if they were needed to correct vision problems.

Im sure it. Varied by store but at my store
The well always pay for glasses for flow team if they crush them when there throwing so im assuming breaking them trying to stop a shoplifter is under the same kind of thing

Doesn't hurt to ask HR but don't get upset if they say no.

If it's something you bought outside of Target store. Unlikely. You can try asking the PMT to order some knee pads off of Grainger/SAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back