Archived Put in unpaid vacation request through ehr...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiminy

I'd like to order 1 large person with extra people
Hey guys so I have a question. I put in an unpaid vacation request through ehr and it has been pending for like 3-4 days now... Am I supposed to let somebody know that I submitted this so they can look at it or will they just see it themselves?

And is it hard to get approved? Do they deny these requests often? It's like 4 days (Mon to Thurs) and not on a holiday...

Thanks!

Your TL may have not had a chance to check their email. Or it may have gotten overlooked. Just mention it to your TL or ETL next time you see them.

Your TL may have not had a chance to check their email. Or it may have gotten overlooked. Just mention it to your TL or ETL next time you see them.
Copy that

To add to what @Retail Girl said...always follow up with your tl, etl, or hr tm. I know my tl has the bad habit of waiting till the lat min to approve them...OR he doesn't do it at all. and they get auto denied. Just let them know you put one in and keep an eye on it .

Thanks guys. I'll definitely talk to someone today. Can I just talk to the LOD as well?

Follow up verbally and also check ehr, again. Requests auto deny after 3-4 days, and will need to be re submitted.

Follow up verbally and also check ehr, again. Requests auto deny after 3-4 days, and will need to be re submitted.
Ugh, I didn't even know that... um... I probably won't be able to resubmit because my "unpaid vacation" needs to happen in like 2 weeks...

Um.. fuck. Ok... hopefully it's not auto-denied yet and I can talk to someone about it.

If it has been 4 ir more days since you submitted, it has auto denied.

I had the same happen to me since I didn't know either. I was able to give them away in the Swap Book. If you can't give them away, let your ETL know and maybe they can get HR to get someone to cover the shift. In my case, I wasn't available to work at Target and it wasn't my fault my ETL didn't follow up. As a last resort, call in.

It's exactly 4 days today.

My vacation was auto denied last year. I had to go through hell and pretty much nagging theh ell out of my tl to get it fixed...so this year I went to my team lead and let him know it was submitted and then to the Hr and asked how long before it would sit there till it was auto denied ( because it still said pending) she said that it would become auto denied when they started doing the schedule for when the time off was suppose to be for ( ie if you requested of 10-1 and it just sat in someones in box...when they start doing the schedule for that week it then becomes auto denied.) If you submit the time off request in a timely manner and it was auto denied that it no wrong doing on your fault ....it means that someone didn't check their email like they were suppose to. Although, its a pain to deal with usually they will honor the request.

I had some vacation pending for two or three weeks, it finally was "approved" once the schedule got made. I talked to my ETL and TL about it when I submitted it and reminded them later on.

Yeah. Thankfully(?) it's still pending... I'm trying to see my etl, but of course I don't see either of them anywhere when I really need to.

So.... yeah... it got auto-denied (as they began to make the schedule for that week). ETL said that he will try to not schedule me on the days that I requested... so here's to hoping.

If they do schedule me and no one wants to swap shifts then I guess I'll quit or be fired (for not showing up) lol.

Hey! Kinda off topic but would they let me go on a three week unpaid vacation on January even if I'm still on my 90 days right now? My probation period ends on December 11. I forgot to tell them I'd been planning this trip on my interview. :-( Ugh.

Contact your etl ior hr without delay on that one. Spot may not keep you after dec 11, if you are not doing well or have attendance issues.

Thank you @Hardlinesmaster and @tgtguy! I appreciate the input :) I will most likely put in my two weeks when my 90 day ends and take a vacation for like 2 months. Been feeling lost lately and I feel like I need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back