Archived Put shift up on kronos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put a shift up on kronos that absolutely need someone to pick up because I can't come in if I can't find someone to take it and have to call off how bad would that look? I've been working here about a month and 3 weeks and have no call offs or lateness or anything since I started.

I'm tempted to be like "well, you didn't schedule me, so I made plans and I can't come in now, sorry!" But someone else would just take the hours, so I'm taking all the hours I can. Especially since the schedule we just got had me at 15 hours...
15 hours Thanksgiving week is pretty light. Last year most of us were at 40 and OT, but ASANTS, and oh yeah, modernization. They might be planning to schedule light and add hours if things get out of control, but who knows? I hope you can pick up some hours.

15 hours Thanksgiving week is pretty light. Last year most of us were at 40 and OT, but ASANTS, and oh yeah, modernization. They might be planning to schedule light and add hours if things get out of control, but who knows? I hope you can pick up some hours.
I have 25 for Thanksgiving week (still really light). This is the week after. We hired 60 seasonal people 😐 a few teams are at 40 hours each, but most of us have shit hours next week.

But we haven't been allowed OT on Black Friday week for a few years now. And yeah, my STL hates me, but I'm pretty sure they're working on performancing her out because she's completely awful.

we are always told because of time and half on thanksgiving OT is Ok as with all holidays we are paid time and a half for

I have 25 for Thanksgiving week (still really light). This is the week after. We hired 60 seasonal people 😐 a few teams are at 40 hours each, but most of us have shit hours next week.

But we haven't been allowed OT on Black Friday week for a few years now. And yeah, my STL hates me, but I'm pretty sure they're working on performancing her out because she's completely awful.
We are all working 46-50.

How are some stores able to authorize OT, and others aren't? We all work for the same company.
If you’re killing sales. We are 15 percent up ytd and our sfs orders are insane. Several thousand a day.
This is also the week to give ot without it ruining the p&l. The ot is actually out of the holiday pay budget for hours worked Thursday. You can work 40 regular pay hours on top of that.

If you’re killing sales. We are 15 percent up ytd and our sfs orders are insane. Several thousand a day.
This is also the week to give ot without it ruining the p&l. The ot is actually out of the holiday pay budget for hours worked Thursday. You can work 40 regular pay hours on top of that.

So, is it just THIS week your store is giving OT? That makes sense.

W
How are some stores able to authorize OT, and others aren't? We all work for the same company.
weird because every hard worker I know has 44 to 49 hours for this week...we all work SFS, Backroom or Truck unload/push...there is 6 of us with OT and yeah it's sad only 5 others actually work hard in my store =( there is a beauty and electronics TM that want more to do (besides beauty events and activating phones) so I don't count them but they do help us out when truck is crazy.

I’m at 48 hours this week because Thanksgiving doesn’t count towards our allotted hours.

No one uses Kronos here to swap shifts though. I’ve never seen a single TM use it. Just ask amongst your fellow TMs.

Yes plan your life down to the second. Plan for any illnesses , accidents and emergencies.
Be sure to put in time off request for any upcoming deaths in the family aswell.

My dad was once in a bad bike accident and I needed to go to another state, since he was in an induced coma.

I somehow got 3 of my 4 shifts covered from afar (this is before Kronos or anything, so I coordinated through friends on Facebook to get shifts covered)

The one shift I couldn't cover, I called from the hospital and talked to an ETL who actually told me I should have planned better. She said she'd let it go "this time."

She kept talking... but I just... I just hung up the phone.

(My dad ended up being all right)

We're doing great on in-store sales but some of our SFS (and all of the seasonal SFS) are costing us a ridiculous amount of sales. Pile that on top of the fines we're getting for our fire tunnel and other safety shit, and a ton of vehicles that we don't actually need...

But this is the second year in a row that we haven't been allowed OT on BF week. Literally the only TM being allowed OT right now is the PMT (because the store's a mess, thanks to our management) and he's probably the only one here who doesn't want it.

Hq projected us to have a 5 percent increase. We are at 15 and growing. We were only given payroll for a 5 percent increase. We hired a ton, but we are also kicking sfs sales ass. We are doing over 75,000 a day just in sfs sales. We typically do 4 trucks a week but are getting 7+ and they only hired 4 tm for flow in the last 2 months. Therefore everyone is doing sfs or truck and getting tons of ot this week.
Last year a few select got 50-55 hours each week in December because of sfs. I am guessing they will realize after cyber Monday that they need to give ot out again each week this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back