Archived Putting in my two weeks tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I am the laziest person I know and get ready for it...P.E. Certification and School Health with a minor in coaching. Lots of kinesiology and health classes so don't be like me because I honestly thought PE teachers needed no degree cause how hard is it to tell someone to run laps? I was wrong.
Good luck to you and your family. Design curriculum lampooning store processes.

Ok I am the laziest person I know and get ready for it...P.E. Certification and School Health with a minor in coaching. Lots of kinesiology and health classes so don't be like me because I honestly thought PE teachers needed no degree cause how hard is it to tell someone to run laps? I was wrong.

Oh, I thought you had said you were in vet school so I was assuming you were a biology major or something along those lines.

Oh, I thought you had said you were in vet school so I was assuming you were a biology major or something along those lines.
I wanted to do vet school but ended up changing my major because with a kid on the way I didn't want to be in school until I'm almost 30. I'm basically starting all over minus prerequisites. To be a vet it can take anywhere from 7 to 9 years. At least now I've only tacked on one extra year so I'll be in school 5 total unless I really really bust my ass but that won't happen.

Last edited:
53c34254b5526.preview-620.jpg

I wanted to do vet school but ended up changing my major because with a kid on the way I didn't want to be in school until I'm almost 30. I'm basically starting all over minus prerequisites. To be a vet it can take anywhere from 7 to 9 years.
No joke.
One of my nephews is in wildlife management.
His buddy who was studying to be a vet said it "was as hard as medical school except you're studying multiple species instead of one."

No joke.
One of my nephews is in wildlife management.
His buddy who was studying to be a vet said it "was as hard as medical school except you're studying multiple species instead of one."
It's just one of those things where you want to really do something and then things happen in your life and you have to reevaluate everything and make sure this is what you really want. I was totally going to move forward with going to vet school until I really started thinking about it. I think this is the better option for me and where I am in my life.

The nice thing about a P.E. teaching position is you are able to pick up the good side jobs coaching that will pay extra and as a starting teacher these days you will need it.
Also if you want to move up the position has the least amount of take home work so going back to school for a principals degree is much easier than it is for most teachers.

The nice thing about a P.E. teaching position is you are able to pick up the good side jobs coaching that will pay extra and as a starting teacher these days you will need it.
Also if you want to move up the position has the least amount of take home work so going back to school for a principals degree is much easier than it is for most teachers.
That's exactly why I decided to switch over. I feel like vet school with a wife and kid (and who knows maybe more kids) would have been a struggle. Another perk is the time off. I don't know anyone who doesn't want all that time off and still get paid for it. I never thought of becoming a principal I don't think I'd be good at it but if I did I better get my own reality TV show cause trust me...I will have earned it.

I wanted to do school but ended up changing my major because with a kid on the way I didn't want to be in school until I'm almost 30. I'm basically starting all over minus prerequisites. To be a vet it can take anywhere from 7 to 9 years. At least now I've only tacked on one extra year so I'll be in school 5 total unless I really really bust my ass but that won't happen.
Everything happens for a reason. Better you change your degree before too many years into it.

The nice thing aboutt a P.E. teaching position is you are able to pick up the good side jobs coaching that will pay extra and as a starting teacher these days you will need it.
Plus all the ref jobs. By the time you work up to high school level games you can earn $60-$75 for an hour of your time. Many of the sports clubs pay you in cash too :)

Everything happens for a reason. Better you change your degree before too many years into it.
I already feel like I wasted a year. By the time we found out my wife was pregnant I was half way through my second semester and it was too late to change anything. I'm now one year behind where I should have been.

I have always wondered why ETL-HRs seem to be the people with the largest amount of social issues. I really want to be an ETL-HR some day and not bitch and complain about everything that happens behind closed doors. I guess that's just not me.

I have always wondered why ETL-HRs seem to be the people with the largest amount of social issues. I really want to be an ETL-HR some day and not bitch and complain about everything that happens behind closed doors. I guess that's just not me.
The one we had before him was amazing I really miss her. I don't think they're all like that but there seems to be a lot of them that are and I don't get it either.

It's like the good ones leave, and the shitty ones stay.

Lordy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back