Archived QMOS questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to get everyone on my team to do their own qmos. It is not unusual for one of our PAs to leave his entire cull unprocessed in the qmos bin, so that the closer has to do it later. Is there a way to look up on the computer how much qmos each TM is doing. I suspect that on our team the weight of qmosing everything rests largely on one TM's shoulders....

Okay, that TM is me. Hahaha! Any suggestions?

I am trying to get everyone on my team to do their own qmos. It is not unusual for one of our PAs to leave his entire cull unprocessed in the qmos bin, so that the closer has to do it later. Is there a way to look up on the computer how much qmos each TM is doing. I suspect that on our team the weight of qmosing everything rests largely on one TM's shoulders....

Okay, that TM is me. Hahaha! Any suggestions?

Well if the opener is culling they should also be doing their QMOS so it comes out on the pulls. Culling plus the SDA is all there really should be. The only QMOS the closer should be doing is what they find at the end of the night in bakery, salads, expiring meat with coupons.

Last edited:
The only QMOS the closer should be doing is what they find at the end of the night in bakery, salads, expiring meat with coupons.

Plus the QMOS from the service desk, unless Guest Service handles it themselves.

Def handle my QMOS at FA & learning to do it at SB, too.

Partner with your CTL about this. If that opener isn't QMOSing before a certain time, they're messing up the morning CAF pulls as well. Things won't be filled correctly, which will start a bad chain reaction.

Hi I'm fairly new to target (2 and a half weeks) and have been training at food ave/pizza hut. I guess I was hired mainly for closing shifts because that is the majority of what they have given me so far. So the only thing I really seem to not understand is QMOS. I am closing by myself tonight and am terrified I won't get it right. Iknow I need to get a PDA and sign in and say I'm a team member but than what do I press.... Please help ASAP also I'm aware you cannot qmos stuff in the fridge that there are less than 6 of and to bring those to the front to QMOS. I really need help though I don't want to mess up because this is my first real job. I know this is probably the wrong place to post this but I desperately need answers. Sorry about that..

You go to RFApps, type in QMOS and then select the area and reason.

As far as QMOS responsibilities, at our store you HAVE to have your morning cull QMOS'd by 7:15. After that it's up to the person working, but I like to QMOS after every pull, because it gets the floor full faster. I HATE it when people leave a mornings worth of QMOS in the bin, mark it out all at once and then you get a massive pull the next hour.

Ahh thankyou so much! I'm in food ave and I know at the store I work at it's usually the last thing they do before leaving so I guess I will do it then.

I believe the qmos report only shows the days and quanity/value of what is being qmosed, not the times of day or the TM number of who is doing it.

If I remember correcly, it is best practice to qmos as you cull. So whomever is leaving qmos should be coached.

Check under food dashboard for the qmos report.

Having just recently (aka finally) done my computer training, I do believe this is correct. You qmos as soon as you cull/find things. Now don't get me wrong, we do sometimes leave a few items for the next person coming in, but unless something crazy happens (like when the PDAs crashed) we never leave a full tub. And there should never be any left overnight.

One thing that helped at FA & SB was that our TLs made scan sheets for unbarcoded items (pizza, bread stix, pastries, etc).
The FATL took the scan print-out sheets, cut out items we didn't carry, condensed it into 2 pgs & slipped it into a clear page protector. We use the whiteboard pens to tally the count throughout the day then erase it when QMOS is done.
SBTL made yellow labels for each of the pastries, put 'em on a page & in a protector. They just slip out the page & add labels when new stuff comes in.

I scan all my Qmos as i pull it from the floor so I can just throw it straight in the bucket when i get back.

It makes it quicker, easier on everyone who comes after me, quicker pulls, and an all around better area and life for human kind.

I used to close A LOT before being promoted and this would always piss me off more than anything... Now on my rare close occasion it is always my Market Team Lead who leaves it... which is another story entirely...

As a PFresh closer, it annoys me when I walk in to a full qmos bin. That said, I assume it's because the opener or mid was focused on other responsibilities that made it easier for me to close the department. Still, it's an annoyance. Around the time I first started in PFresh, one TM broke a pallet of dairy in the ambient room and left it stacked up near the sink. It took me over an hour and a half to dump all of the juice and milk down the drain, and I had to build a cage just to fit all of the toss. I WISH the CTL had a report to see how much I qmos at times. #PFreshproblems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back