Question about Do Not Sell / Street-dated items.

StargazerOmega

Jack of All Trades - Front End
I know that a street-dated item automatically flags as such on the POS. Are street-dated items the same as do not sell items? Could they be? Or do they mean two different things?

I know that a street-dated item automatically flags as such on the POS. Are street-dated items the same as do not sell items? Could they be? Or do they mean two different things?
As far as I know, they are two different things. Street-dated items can’t be sold until their street date, but do not sell items for whatever reason can’t be sold ever. At least thats the view of them from the backroom where I used to dwell.😁

As far as I know, they are two different things. Street-dated items can’t be sold until their street date, but do not sell items for whatever reason can’t be sold ever. At least thats the view of them from the backroom where I used to dwell.😁
That's what I thought. I know a street-dated will pop up saying 'Do not sell until XX/XX' and a 'Do not sell' item usually means it was recalled or defective, but I could be off on the latter.

That's what I thought. I know a street-dated will pop up saying 'Do not sell until XX/XX' and a 'Do not sell' item usually means it was recalled or defective, but I could be off on the latter.
Yes, I agree that the “do not sell” items are usually recalled or defective items. We used to pull them out of the backroom and take them to receiving for disposition. Street-date stayed in the backroom, sometimes locked in electronic cages just to make sure it didn’t hit the sales floor early.

I ask because my TL didn't seem to think there was a difference between the two. The item in question didn't flag as street-dated, but as a 'Do not sell'. I feel like I should report it to HR or an ETL.

It's different, but the same... Do Not sell items are Recall items, but Target couldn't hire enough people able to follow instructions for Street Dated items so now they essentially put the street dated stuff into a QA IR (only in the system, no IR actually drops) and then removes the Recall status the day of sale. It's simple, but yes, can be confusing....

Back