Archived Question about entertainment new release planograms

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I do the new release and MMB/video games revisions each week for my store. Except ever since our last MMB reset, none of the planograms (except best sellers) that are set in reverse have anything on that side of the label strip! The standard comes fine, but the other side is completely blank. This is making revisions extremely difficult, since I have to print out the labels and tear off and set each one individually. Usually when there is a planogram issue like this, it is one mistake. But this has been going on since the reset, which was 1-2 months ago.

Does every store have this problem? And does anyone know if anything is being done to fix it?

We just set them standard, section 1 still at the front so they aren't alphabetical like they should be but otherwise it works.

I just set them standard. Every time there's been a reset in like the past year, there's always a transition note about setting a different section standard going forward. I gave in and just started setting everything standard except for the book best seller aisle, since those strips still come in properly.

Hmm alright I guess I could just do it standard from here on out. What sucks is that the normal presentation team, on the original reset, printed sticky labels and stuck them on the standard side, which now makes me reusing those strips a little difficult. I suppose with time it will look fine. Thanks all.

A while back a message board or transition packet came down that all movie pogs are supposed to be set standard except kids catalog 4. We set that one standard too just to keep things the same for stocking and zoning.

So if the POG is on an aisle that should be reverse, you're supposed to start the planogram in the last section (section 3 if it's a 3 section planogram) and still set it left to right so it is alphabetized.

Sigma is correct, it was the October transition that officially changed the way entertainment was set. All alphabetized entertainment POGs are supposed to be set standard.

Sigma is correct, it was the October transition that officially changed the way entertainment was set. All alphabetized entertainment POGs are supposed to be set standard.

Thanks Ajax. I couldn't remember where I read it. But it is all alphabetized pogs, so that's all movies and music.

So this is a permanent thing that won't be fixed? I guess I just better start setting them standard then. Thanks for the info guys.

Thanks Ajax. I couldn't remember where I read it. But it is all alphabetized pogs, so that's all movies and music.

We did books as well at my store.

So this is a permanent thing that won't be fixed? I guess I just better start setting them standard then. Thanks for the info guys.

Yep just make sure that if the POG is multiple sections that section 1 starts at the end so that they flow properly. i.e. a 3 section POG would start with section 1 in section 3 of the aisle then flow towards the main aisle for proper alphabetization.

Nothing bugs me more on the (now quite rare) occasions I make it to a Target than seeing entertainment POGs set in anything other than left-to-right alphabetical order. Even without instruction from HQ that you should do it that way, why would anyone ever choose not to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back