Archived Question about executive intern program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it true that for those who make it to the executive intern program, the company goal is supposedly for 80% to be offered ETL positions when they graduate/ complete the program. (Similar to the 70% goal of ETL's are campus hires) Or did somebody just make that up?

Is it true that for those who make it to the executive intern program, the company goal is supposedly for 80% to be offered ETL positions when they graduate/ complete the program. (Similar to the 70% goal of ETL's are campus hires) Or did somebody just make that up?

I am sure that the goal is different per district, since there are different group campus recruiting teams in each one (but I would assume the goal would need to be high, since it shows they aren't wasting their time paying interns who do not like their experience and don't want to stay with the company)

^ What he said. Target wouldn't be handing out $14 an hour to people who have no idea what's going on, for nothing. They want their souls, whether they realize it or not is another story.

Does anyone know how hard it is to get the intern job? I think I'd like to try it when I graduate in two years. There may be many days that I hate my job, but I do overall enjoy working for Target.

Direct from an email from my Group Director, the goal for conversion from intern to etl is 80%. The one in my store is in the summer of her junior year. She has less college than me, is a lower pay grade, can only be LOD when one of us is there, and is a ditzy valley girl, yet she thinks she can tell me what to do. Im extremely glad this is her last week in my store. I'm so sick of training my future bosses. They'll let some ditzy intern do 2nd interviews and make hiring decisions when they're leaving in a few weeks, yet I can't do that or even have a chance to promote. This company is truly jacked up sometimes.

I guess it's hit or miss because the last two interns my store has had were awesome, really likable people. I'm probably going to mention my interest in the program to my DTL next time I walk during an LOD shift. I had a sit-down with my STL and he said since I have 17 months until graduation that I have plenty of time and just make sure my numbers r as green as possible when I go for interviews

I was told I can't do the intern program because I'm already employed with Target. They want to go the old fashioned way.

BS? Yes I think so, that's why I'm moving on.

Is this the general rule of thumb or does it depend on the district?? Because no one has informed me of this if it is. TL to exec intern at another store within the district shouldnt be too much, especially since I only have a 1yr+ left of school

Is this the general rule of thumb or does it depend on the district?? Because no one has informed me of this if it is. TL to exec intern at another store within the district shouldnt be too much, especially since I only have a 1yr+ left of school

A couple of my fellow interns were internally promoted, but from team members. They had to have their STL/HR/DTL blessing.

Maybe it's because you are a TL? Different process?

We have a TL who did the Internship. He was CTL at our store, then GSTL, then transferred to another store for internship, then came back to our store as a TL again. He still has a bit of college left, but as far as I know they actually plan to have him become an ETL at our store once he finishes college, though I won't necessarily believe that till it's happened.

You know what's funny ... Student teaching pays nothing! Isn't that really just an internship?

Why the hell is Target offering intern jobs? If people are so gung ho to work at Target, let them intern for free. Apparently, we don't have the profits to give fair reviews or raises, my opinion, but we can pay interns MORE than the average tm? What is that about?

If I could see the benefit ( streamlined processes, POGs that made sense, workloads that didn't encourage corner cutting) I'd be all for it.

You know what's funny ... Student teaching pays nothing! Isn't that really just an internship?

Why the hell is Target offering intern jobs? If people are so gung ho to work at Target, let them intern for free. Apparently, we don't have the profits to give fair reviews or raises, my opinion, but we can pay interns MORE than the average tm? What is that about?

If I could see the benefit ( streamlined processes, POGs that made sense, workloads that didn't encourage corner cutting) I'd be all for it.

It seems like non-paid internships are slowly becoming things of the past. I haven't heard of a single non-paid internship through my college, just about all of them were paid opportunities

Because Spot knows if the interns knew just how the average Tm is both treated and paid...they would run for the nearest fire exit.

It seems like non-paid internships are slowly becoming things of the past. I haven't heard of a single non-paid internship through my college, just about all of them were paid opportunities

Except for ... Drumroll please ... Student teaching! Which is what I did. No pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back