Answered Question about interview? Very nervous.

Hi all!

I just had an interview yesterday for a Guest Advocate position and I’m nervous about whether I will or won’t get the position. The girl who interviewed me mentioned about running a background check and if it came back alright there was a possibility I would be rolled into orientation in July. But, I only had one interview (two people, including her, were present), and she said I would receive either an email or phone call in the next couple of days. The interview was about 15-20 minutes and I feel I did decently, and they seemed to like me. But, I’ve not heard/read of anyone else being told they’d receive an email or phone call, just one or the other. And there was no mention of a second interview. Has anyone else been through this? Or maybe provide some insight on what it could mean? I’ve got five years of customer service experience, including supervisory experience, so I’m very nervous at this point. Thank you!

Hi! The person who interviewed you really gave you some mixed messages. Saying that you might be “rolled into orientation in July” makes it sound like there’s a chance, but the “you will be getting an email or a phone call in the next couple of days” isn’t a good sign. All stores are not the same, but this doesn’t sound at all like the interview process at my store, and it’s hard to tell what your prospects are judging from what they said to you. Sorry, wish I could be of more help. Good luck, I hope it works out well for you. 😁

The ultimate famous dangling carrot. Sad. It is slightly possible they will call you if desperate but don’t hold your breath. If they didn’t give you an offer immediately after the interview......not likely to ever happen. Sorry. Move on.

I tell people straight up if I am recommending them. Those that I don’t, “you’ll get an email in a few days”
Lately, we’ve been doing 1 interview.

That is how mine went. I interviewed with two people on the same day. I had the first interview and then she asked me to stay and speak to the ETL. I thought it went well but then was nervous because so many people said they got hired on the spot. I didn't hear anything for about 4-5 days then got an email with the job offer (pending background check).

Back