Answered Question about Interviewing at Multiple Stores

Long story short, I did a video interview at one store and then got a job offer, which I accepted. However, the same day I got an interview from another store that's much closer to my house, so I went ahead and sent it in. Can I get in trouble for doing this? Is it wrong? And what should I do in the event that the closer store offers me a job as well? Thanks.

The second store should have seen you were moved along in the process and turned you down. But here we are lol. You can reach out to the first store (that hired you) and just give them a heads up about the predicament. I’m sure they already know by now anyways. Since they haven’t invested in you yet (oriented you and wrote up your training schedule) they can opt to send your interview to the new store. This is obviously far from ideal but it’s early enough to not be a hassle. The store that hired you will be in contact with the other store if they’re willing to let the new store take your interview.

The second store should have seen you were moved along in the process and turned you down. But here we are lol. You can reach out to the first store (that hired you) and just give them a heads up about the predicament. I’m sure they already know by now anyways. Since they haven’t invested in you yet (oriented you and wrote up your training schedule) they can opt to send your interview to the new store. This is obviously far from ideal but it’s early enough to not be a hassle. The store that hired you will be in contact with the other store if they’re willing to let the new store take your interview.

Thanks. I haven't officially accepted the job offer from the first store yet (just verbally accepted it), so I might just turn it down in Workday and put that as the reason why. I already sent a new video interview to the second store, so I'll just have to hope they like it and hire me. I don't want to be rude or make anyone mad but I'd prefer to save the extra gas.

I don't think its an issue until you officially accept the offer from either store. You may want to do some recon before making it official. If you haven't already, compare the two stores; which has a better morale, which has more traffic, and what appears to have better payroll.

Back in the day, I drove 30-45 minutes to another store everyday that had a higher volume/more payroll/better moral. I knew people at the store in my town and it was toxic and a low volume store.

How much of a difference in mileage or commute time?

Thanks. I haven't officially accepted the job offer from the first store yet (just verbally accepted it), so I might just turn it down in Workday and put that as the reason why. I already sent a new video interview to the second store, so I'll just have to hope they like it and hire me. I don't want to be rude or make anyone mad but I'd prefer to save the extra gas.

Don't turn it down yet! Call them.

We have two sister stores and this happens a lot. We just transfer the application over unless it's a solid no based on the interview. (Like you told us you refuse to use safety equipment or got fired from your last job for decking someone.)

Back