Question about re-hiring

Long story short I've been with Target for 5 years during those 5 years I was in Softlines or Style as they call it now, I left about 4 months ago because of personal reasons and I also moved. I've been trying to go back and I've been applying online, but I noticed they categorized my previous position into one whole category, so instead of being able to apply for just Style I now have the option to apply for Specialty Sales which is Style, Beauty and Tech all bunched into one group. Anyways I've been applying for a Style position yet I keep getting denied. I don't know if it's because they aren't hiring for that position or something else, unlike before I could actually see if they were hiring for Softlines, but now that they bunched specialty sales into one group it's made it a little confusing on whether they are hiring for a specific position or not. I left on good terms and put in my two weeks in case I ever wanted to come back, I enjoy working there and would like to continue. I was hoping someone could possibly help me out with this question, or someone who currently works in HR. Would it be better for me to call the store I'm applying at and ask if they are currently hiring for Style? Or should I just go in with my resume and ask them in person? Any advice would be appreciated!

Most probably, they are not hiring for the position . There might be other areas that require more people . If you are interested, try applying for another position. If your application gets accepted, you can always ask for style option. It’s a good idea to call your store and ask . If the HR or TLs know you well, they might hire you and find a position for you . But be flexible with your preferences.

If its the same store, talk to HR or leadership.

If its a new store, go to the store and ask to talk to HR. Let them know of your experience and interest of your return.

Being post-Holiday, not much payroll is available. Hiring is going to be slim.

Back