Archived Question about Target insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I lost my job at the bank at my exit interview they mentioned COBRA. And looking at the prices all I could think was that I just lost my job and you guys think I could afford this? It is very high priced.

When you use COBRA you are paying your usual premiums PLUS what the company paid. Right now I think for me the company is paying about $800/month toward insurance. If you check out the my pay and benefits site and look at the compensation section you will see what your actual pay is if you figure in discounts, 401k company match, and insurance/pension. It shows it as an hourly amount, but if you multiply that times your average hours and then 4.3 (the breakdown of how many weeks there are in a month) you will see what the amount you are receiving monthly above your paycheck.

I think I stopped working there at a very unfortunate time.

You have to have insurance by March 31st. I know if you lose your job after that you have 60 days to get insurance, but I lost my insurance two days before that deadline because I left Target. So do I have 60 days? Or 2 days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back