1. How can you tell its real or fake?
2. Is there a max amount we can take per person? $100?
3. Is this processed as Cash or Check?
4. Who's sign it?
5. Any thing else I should know about them?
1. Check the ink pattern. Wet your fingertip & see if you can smudge the border. If you can, it's bogus.
2. No, altho I'd be wary of someone using a $100 check for a $5 purchase.
3. K5 (other checks), K1 traverler's check, select the denomination & imprint it like other checks. Do EACH check individually based on its amt. Ex: $42 purchase & they give you 3 $20 checks, imprint each one for $20. The last one tells you how much change is due back ($18). This is the ONLY check you can give change back from because they're usually purchased with cash.
4. It should have one signature on it already & they should sign the other in front of you as well as making it out to Target & dating it.
5. Some companies use them as rebate rewards so you might see them in odd amts (standard traverlers' are $20, $50, $100, even $500) like $40 or $35. And, yeh, make sure it's US dollars.