Archived Question about travelers check

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. How can you tell its real or fake?

2. Is there a max amount we can take per person? $100?

3. Is this processed as Cash or Check?

4. Who's sign it?

5. Any thing else I should know about them?

Last edited:
If it doesn't feel right & looks altered, call your gstl or lod for help. We had a guest to pay with altered Amex $100 on a purchase, was told no by ap, the second time.
That was after that guest had purchased some items earlier in the day & got away using the same checks.

As far as I know there is no limit

On the register payment screen you need to select "Other Checks" then pick Travelers Check

4. Who's sign it?
The guest

When a guest gives you a Travelers check, Make sure the check is for US Dollars.

1. How can you tell its real or fake?

4. Who's sign it?

1. Check the ink pattern. Wet your fingertip & see if you can smudge the border. If you can, it's bogus.
2. No, altho I'd be wary of someone using a $100 check for a $5 purchase.
3. K5 (other checks), K1 traverler's check, select the denomination & imprint it like other checks. Do EACH check individually based on its amt. Ex: $42 purchase & they give you 3 $20 checks, imprint each one for $20. The last one tells you how much change is due back ($18). This is the ONLY check you can give change back from because they're usually purchased with cash.
4. It should have one signature on it already & they should sign the other in front of you as well as making it out to Target & dating it.
5. Some companies use them as rebate rewards so you might see them in odd amts (standard traverlers' are $20, $50, $100, even $500) like $40 or $35. And, yeh, make sure it's US dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back