Archived Question on push-all process

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the last month our Super Target store has changed to a push all process. I am a early morning backroom team member (we are a 4am process). I understand the concept of, being in a perfect world, that the backroom helps push on the floor while waiting for backstock to be brought back by the flow team, after they have finished the morning pulls.

But our store, as I am sure many others, do not live in a perfect world. And lately, due to being understaffed and in the midst of the latest big grocery reset and this week, back to school being set, we walk in almost every morning, to a backroom already full of backstock, from the previous day's truck and the hourly caf pulls.

I think once the backroom is done with the morning pulls, if there is backstock we should not be out on the floor pushing. We should be trying to backstock as much as we can before the day's workload hits. I thought it couldn't get any worse until today. Our new ETL-Logistics (who started Monday and has no logistic experience) told us shortly after break to stop doing the pulls and go push the floor.

Of course, we did it. And then could not finish the backstocking of today's truck since we gave up a good portion of our morning pushing the truck. Just wondering if other stores make the backroom push, even when they have plenty plenty plenty of work to do from the moment they walk in the door. Thanks.

Push All, wave stocking, and what ever other buzz word process Target dreams up does not work. Granted there will be a few instances where it can work but for the most part in the real world they do not work.

I agree. If the backroom is a hot mess, then BR should be STO'ing, and not working the truck all morning. Sometimes the BR will come out and help push something easy, like Paper (paper towels, toilet tissue, etc.)

Last edited:
In the last month our Super Target store has changed to a push all process. I am a early morning backroom team member (we are a 4am process). I understand the concept of, being in a perfect world, that the backroom helps push on the floor while waiting for backstock to be brought back by the flow team, after they have finished the morning pulls.

But our store, as I am sure many others, do not live in a perfect world. And lately, due to being understaffed and in the midst of the latest big grocery reset and this week, back to school being set, we walk in almost every morning, to a backroom already full of backstock, from the previous day's truck and the hourly caf pulls.

I think once the backroom is done with the morning pulls, if there is backstock we should not be out on the floor pushing. We should be trying to backstock as much as we can before the day's workload hits. I thought it couldn't get any worse until today. Our new ETL-Logistics (who started Monday and has no logistic experience) told us shortly after break to stop doing the pulls and go push the floor.

Of course, we did it. And then could not finish the backstocking of today's truck since we gave up a good portion of our morning pushing the truck. Just wondering if other stores make the backroom push, even when they have plenty plenty plenty of work to do from the moment they walk in the door. Thanks.
I am backroom as well. My store is a 730 am store and push all. ...with the 4x4 and the scheduling issues that MyTime is causing......then throw in the bts resets etc...yeah we are swimming in a sea of back stock as well. Nice to know we are not suffering alone at least .

Sorry, forgot to answer your question. We are not having to push right now...because we are so back logged with bs....but when they did the push all last time ( a lil over a year ago I think) we did have to push. I am sure once we get caught up we will have to start pushing though. I do agree with you though that if the backroom has work to do...then they should take care of that before going to the floor to push etc.

It takes a lot of experience, leadership skills and dedication from all TL, TMs, ETLs and the STL to have a successful push all process. Im a logistics SrTL from a 4am push all store. We are not perfect but we all understand how challenging push all could be. Opportunities always arise but its how we learn from it.

It takes a lot of experience, leadership skills and dedication from all TL, TMs, ETLs and the STL to have a successful push all process. Im a logistics SrTL from a 4am push all store. We are not perfect but we all understand how challenging push all could be. Opportunities always arise but its how we learn from it.

This is exactly true. I'm a TL logistics at a 6AM store. A push all is feasible so long you have TM that are empowered to know 10 cases of the same Tide will not fit on the shelf and should not be bowled out and the pushing team knows their endcaps and pushes to the piece. For most trucks, we are only pushing 200-300 more cartons when they would have gone to backstock right away. The feeling of filling the floor 100% is nice, especially since myself and other flow TM also work instocks post truck.

To answer the question regarding backroom coming out to push, how we use them is to come out and push with the team until there is a vehicle of backstock ready to go back. They peel off one by one and return once they are done with their vehicle. This works up thru the A/B push and then after that they all stay in the back to wrap up other backroom duties (SDA, Audit).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back