Archived Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
So at my store we've recently had a tm be promoted to srtl after our flow TL left. This tm was on the bench and signed off as a TL. My question is when you are signed off as a TL can you jump TL to senior?

Based on head count, most flow TLS in lower volume stores will be srtls. Because they are normally key carriers, it is cheaper to utilize them as a senior than to hire an additional etl. So in this particular situation yes, it is a probable jump.

Does said TM have a degree? If so, he/she might be on track for an eventual ETL promotion.

@Waterbabe12 . That almost describes something going on in my store.....I wonder if we know each other now :). I have a question to add to this...can a TL be promoted to a srtl when they don't have a degree and they are not in the process of working on one ...

@Waterbabe12 . That almost describes something going on in my store.....I wonder if we know each other now :). I have a question to add to this...can a TL be promoted to a srtl when they don't have a degree and they are not in the process of working on one ...

Sure can! There are several ETLs that don't have degrees or intentions of getting a degree.

Last edited:
My store tried to get me to take the SrTL position without a degree and knowning that I want to leave within a year. I still declined. I don't make nearly enough to put up with that bs.

Depends on your district as does every other Target "rule". the last district I was in got rid of all ETLs that did not have a degree. They would not even consider an ETL without the degree. And yes you can jump right into a SrTL position but again it will depend on your district.

SrTL doesn't have a degree requirement, so tms can technically be promoted form tm to SrTL. Usually though, SrTLs have spent time as a TL. And seniors make good money compared to a paygrade 9 ETL. Once ETLs start making paygrades though, SrTL pay isn't as comparable; but, SrTLs don't usually have to work more than 40 hours.

SrTL doesn't have a degree requirement, so tms can technically be promoted form tm to SrTL. Usually though, SrTLs have spent time as a TL. And seniors make good money compared to a paygrade 9 ETL. Once ETLs start making paygrades though, SrTL pay isn't as comparable; but, SrTLs don't usually have to work more than 40 hours.

I had a regular TL (dayside BR) who was making $23 hr compared to others (average $18). And our Sr.TLs made even more. Definitely not bad plus you don't have to work over 40 hours, and if you do, you get time and a half.

When my ETL-Replenishment was promoted from Sr.TL to ETL he took a pay cut. But as you said, the next paygrades are much higher, "Then again you are expected to work a minimum of 50 hrs. Either way Sr.TL or ETL isn't too bad of a job. Good time to make money while you don't have a wife/husband/kids. or if you're really good a balancing work/life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back