Archived questions about seasonal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I finished my second interview/ drug test a few days ago and I have orientation set for the 9th of next month. My question is what are some tips to help make sure I can make this a regular job and not just for the summer. Thanks!

Details kind of depend on what department you will be working in, but as some general tips: dont miss a day (unless it is a legit emergency), show initiative, ask lots of questions, dont follow any potentially bad examples set by a full time team member, and always try and work at least 10% harder than the guy next to you.

And btw, welcome to The Breakroom! Always good to have more distribution team members join

Welcome :)
Don't miss a day or be late.
Be a team player.
What ever is asked of you do it. I hear TMs question when they are told to do the easiest...obvious things..those TMs are gone now.

Thank you so much everyone!, I put in my two weeks at my other job so hopefully with some hardwork I can make this my regular one. I received an email this morning about training being early next month, what should I expect also how long does it usually take to receive your first paycheck? Thanks again

For training, it all depends on what department they put you in. For Outbound it'll be loading trucks, ART (unloading trailers) for Inbound, and cartonnaire/hand puts (picking/backstocking in an order picker) for Warehouse and MBP, though MBP may also have you support the packers ('feeding') when you start. Honestly not sure about FacOps if that's where you're going. In each dept, there's other roles and equipment they'll train you in during your 90 days, but usually they'll wait til you have mastered these basic roles before moving on in training.

As for paychecks, they're distributed weekly, every Thursday. I got mine my first week.

Honestly not sure about FacOps if that's where you're going.

Omg, i dont know about yours, but my DC would RIOT if a seasonal got put in FacOps. Thats like the most coveted job in my DC. When spots come open it is absolutely cut throat to get the job in there.

Hey everyone one more question, I got a call today saying I would be doing the a1 stock select shift. What does this position entail? Thanks!

Stock select!? (shudders) You wouldn't happen to be at a .com DC would you?

If so, expect walking, lots of walking... *thousand yard stare* sooo much walking

Hey everyone one more question, I got a call today saying I would be doing the a1 stock select shift. What does this position entail? Thanks!

Need more details. Never heard of a "stock select" position at my RDC. Maybe they meant stock picking? That sounds like warehouse carton air. If thats what it is i could tell you all about that.

A1 is the ideal shift to me. Its a 3x12 shift, Sat, Sun and Monday from 6am to 6pm. Im on a wait list to get onto that shift.

Hi everyone, I finished my second interview/ drug test a few days ago and I have orientation set for the 9th of next month. My question is what are some tips to help make sure I can make this a regular job and not just for the summer. Thanks!

Did you have to take a physical abilities test?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back