Halloween candy

HQ keeps pushing the Halloween candy earlier every year
. This I the first time I have ever seen a special project to put the candy in refrigerated trailers.
Did any of the stores have a hot mess of melted candy come through this year?
Seriously tho…why do we need to sell Halloween candy in the middle of August?

HQ keeps pushing the Halloween candy earlier every year
. This I the first time I have ever seen a special project to put the candy in refrigerated trailers.
Did any of the stores have a hot mess of melted candy come through this year?
Seriously tho…why do we need to sell Halloween candy in the middle of August?
I rather get the holiday stuff this early. I hated when we did alot HBA, Chem, diapers or funiture that we put out for a few weeks. Paper I didn't mind. Than backstock it.

Yeah, I imagine ours will be pretty messed up after a week of 105+ temps with more on the way next weekend.

After my meeting I detailed in another thread my boss said they would give us extra people to help set this candy.

Needless to say I didn't believe him and a lot of it dropped into our batches the other day.

In the past whomever set the POG would pull the items but now I see two scenarios.

1) Set the POG BEFORE the items are in stock, let the systems drop hundreds items into OOS, expect someone else to then fill it without telling them.

2) Set the POG, fill some of it, then let someone fill it without telling them.

We're in Texas; ANYTHING chocolate is a hot mess.
At SB they shipped us a shit-load of java chips, chocolate-covered almonds & chocolate espresso beans back in the spring because we won't get another shipment until late October.
Right now we're waiting for it to cool down to the 90s.

I rather get the holiday stuff this early. I hated when we did alot HBA, Chem, diapers or funiture that we put out for a few weeks. Paper I didn't mind. Than backstock it.
Amen! Now that was a hot mess with sometimes 6 tubs and 4 flats of back stock a pallet of paper, (to do around the truck being back-stocked) 12 pallets of Halloween candy taking up precious room in the back and an SD asking every five minutes when mini is going to be set because he has a visit in 3 days. DOOO NOOOOT miss that.

This makes no sense . How would it drop in OOS If its not in stock . In that case its truck to shelf before it hits the backroom.
I maybe didn't explain this well.

You set the POG with it's capacities.

The item comes in, sits on flatbed in the our backroom for several days, management just has someone back stock it instead of push it.

It then shows up with OOS when I get there later in the day because the system is so slow in updating.

Actually anytime I seem an item that is OOS and more than 4 or 5 eaches I immediately audit it the floor location.

I maybe didn't explain this well.

You set the POG with it's capacities.

The item comes in, sits on flatbed in the our backroom for several days, management just has someone back stock it instead of push it.

It then shows up with OOS when I get there later in the day because the system is so slow in updating.

Actually anytime I seem an item that is OOS and more than 4 or 5 eaches I immediately audit it the floor location.
Okay that’s different .

We have always gotten candy in refrigerated trailers.
So do we but they won't let our grocery team leave it in the cooler for some reason anymore though they used to do it for years.

It now sits in our backroom in a three tier and is pushed whenever.

So do we but they won't let our grocery team leave it in the cooler for some reason anymore though they used to do it for years.

It now sits in our backroom in a three tier and is pushed whenever.
Once it's in the store, it shouldn't need to be kept in the cooler, assuming your store has AC, that is. We usually receive the candy trailer last of the night, sort it and palletize it by aisle, then pop it in the steel until set.

Once it's in the store, it shouldn't need to be kept in the cooler, assuming your store has AC, that is. We usually receive the candy trailer last of the night, sort it and palletize it by aisle, then pop it in the steel until set.
We do set holiday candy in the steel but the not normal stuff.

Our DD or whatever they are called doesn't want in the cooler for some reason.

We put in the cooler SO IT ISN'T IN THE WAY not because it has to be kept cool.

I stopped buying seasonal chocolate at Target because it's always melted. Unless it's 70% or 90% off then I'll deal with it, LOL. I'm in Louisiana

We do set holiday candy in the steel but the not normal stuff.

Our DD or whatever they are called doesn't want in the cooler for some reason.

We put in the cooler SO IT ISN'T IN THE WAY not because it has to be kept cool.
We have tons of space in the steel. The single dairy cooler, not so much.

Back