Heading into peak season 2021

Fall season. My DC hire so many people they are trying not to have overtime. Some department are vle and nwa everyday. Is any other DC having this way to?

Fall season. My DC hire so many people they are trying not to have overtime. Some department are vle and nwa everyday. Is any other DC having this way to?

Yes\no. Inbound and mainly outbound get to VLE\NWA. Warehouse has to stay and still has mandatory OT. Not enough locations to store anything and people making messes in bulk aisles and not cleaning them up so it's taking time to fix them and locate items. Recently someone knocked over shit in the middle of a super bulk location which also knocked over shit in the 3 or 4 SB locations next to it. Took the lead that fixed it a few hours. Not enough machines for everyone to use and so far we've had issues with charged batteries for the triples so even less things being taken off the docks. We also had an accident where someone got an RC fork jabbed in their ass. This past year safety non negotiables were ignored they even covered up the signs at the break rooms. Now they are trying to give anyone and everyone a CA for the simplest thing so everyone is going slow for safety.

Yeah, they just slowed all of our PIT down a lot lol. GPMers are pretty mad about it.

Especially when you have to hit 3 different aisles to stage a triple load.

We had new hires pulling full pallet on order pickers leaving the empties. That didn't cause any nightmares.

Ya we hired waaaayy to many. And even when their ramp is supposed to be at 100%, they are at 50% or less. Makes perfect sense to me.

Can you spread the love and not just to me 😂 really you are giving my 5 trucks the day after thanksgiving because I wasn’t willing to take two the day before

Attachments

• A2F148BD-E176-43FE-92BD-FCA768EF4DFD.jpeg
    A2F148BD-E176-43FE-92BD-FCA768EF4DFD.jpeg
    134 KB · Views: 25
We had to take another stores trailer this week because they couldn't keep up.
Taking an extra trailer is fine . But I’m already taking double and triples . Am let’s be honest 5 trucks the day after thanksgiving if’s excessive. And that’s because I already refused to take a double for the 24th

Taking an extra trailer is fine . But I’m already taking double and triples . Am let’s be honest 5 trucks the day after thanksgiving if’s excessive. And that’s because I already refused to take a double for the 24th
Yeah it just sucked because we got some shippers that we already have and a bunch of bulk toys that we already had excess of. We have been taking doubles everyday for weeks basically any day we didn't have one scheduled it has been added. We have a triple black friday and our store is just not built to handle that.

Yeah it just sucked because we got some shippers that we already have and a bunch of bulk toys that we already had excess of. We have been taking doubles everyday for weeks basically any day we didn't have one scheduled it has been added. We have a triple black friday and our store is just not built to handle that.
2018 all over again. Watch the overflow end up on the sales floor carts and pallets just sitting on the sales floor all day long

Last edited:
Back