Isn’t this an ODD peak season

You
WHS mainly sorts PiPo and FPS at my DC. OB does the UDC sorting and depending on amount of PiPo will help. We've had so much PiPo they are having to load them in the trucks instead of staging them in the lane to be loaded later.

There are two docks with about 4-5 doors at each we receive PiPo at. One in the shipping wing and one all the way on the other side of the warehouse which is about a 7 min ride on a machine. Think of an L and at the top of the L is where we store PiPo at the bottom of the L is the shipping wing where PiPo flow needs to be. Inbound will unload PiPo flow all the way on the far side or top of the L. Then WHS has to load them back on trailers and do an inbound transfer down to the shipping wing to sort. And vice versa. They will unload PiPo puts in the shipping wing then we end up having to load them back in a trailer then IBT them to the other side of the warehouse to unload them and do puts. Their excuse is that they don't know if it's flow or puts until they receive it and it can be a mix of flow and puts in the same trailer.
Have to be at my DC. Mine is shaped like an L as well but we receive pipo on our 100 dock and they store it at the end of the wing where there are no lanes

You

Have to be at my DC. Mine is shaped like an L as well but we receive pipo on our 100 dock and they store it at the end of the wing where there are no lanes

We don't have a 100 dock 0-200 are outbound doors other than the 5 or so doors used for PiPo but we call it the PiPo dock. There are no lanes their yet but the doors have trailers in them and are used for bulk storage. They used to store PiPo in this area but they cleared it and it's barely being used for seasonal items now.

Last edited:
Interesting. Our OB doors are 2-140. Kind of lucky to have the 100 dock for pipo flow cause whs doesn't have to travel far to sort
The amount of PIPO we do I can’t imagine having to move it more than once from its stored location to the doors.

Just so you guys know every RDC is shaped like an L. It is a signature of Targets DCs.
That tip of the L is called the Outbound Wing.
My DC also h
Uses the 100 dock to unload reserve PIPO. I couldn't imagine bringing it all the way from the other side of the building that is just stupid. Your GPMers must have an abysmal CPH.

Just so you guys know every RDC is shaped like an L. It is a signature of Targets DCs.
My DC also h
Uses the 100 dock to unload reserve PIPO. I couldn't imagine bringing it all the way from the other side of the building that is just stupid. Your GPMers must have an abysmal CPH.

GPM'ers CPH? Their only goal is to keep inbound quiet and depal full and non con to sort. If that's good they are sitting somewhere talking... You pull PiPo then you GPM that shit straight into a trailer till it gets full then call the packet office and get it transferred to inbound.

My DC also h

3802 does not have a wing.

GPM'ers CPH? Their only goal is to keep inbound quiet and depal full and non con to sort. If that's good they are sitting somewhere talking... You pull PiPo then you GPM that shit straight into a trailer till it gets full then call the packet office and get it transferred to inbound.
So you guys dont actually transport PIPO across the building. You build it into trailers and send it to the 60 dock. That makes more sense, I thought you had said you guys would litteraly GPM from one end of the building to the other.

So you guys dont actually transport PIPO across the building. You build it into trailers and send it to the 60 dock. That makes more sense, I thought you had said you guys would litteraly GPM from one end of the building to the other.

We did at first but the wheels would melt off the triples when moving water.

We did at first but the wheels would melt off the triples when moving water.
It’s brutal moving a triple load of water from door to door. That’s bad management that ever allowed that in the first place

And the salt pallets. Ive had to call E&F multiples times for broken tripples trying to move those things just across the Wing lmao

Pipo is gpmed from all across the building at my dc. None is offloaded in the wing anymore, even if it is flow.

Back