Archived Questions arose about my bumper sticker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh FFF wasn't that bad, he was annoying and ignoring what was in front of this face, but he wasn't an idiot.

Look, I was disappointed in my review and I thought it would be hilarious if I disagreed in public with it in a very humorous way, and I did. They were a little embarrassed and we had a healthy if stressful conversation about it where both sides got to unload their stresses at each other, which was the important part. Bosses who have pent-up anxieties dump it on their minions.

Other team members saw it and smiled and in some cases, made their day because they knew it happened to somebody else.

I thought it was a pretty funny story and I decided to tell it to everybody here. Let's just leave it at that.

Why was my last post deleted? all I said was I was done with his idiotic side and that I was gonna chill out for a bit?

and I absolutely LOVE (hate) it when people are so quick to censor others...............

I was trying to prevent other people jumping on you for not posting anything constructive. Suit yourself, I'll undelete it and let everyone see your very mature post.

Whatever I don't care... I'll be gone for about a month starting monday anyways... wont have internet at my new house for a while so you wont have to "deal" with me...

I guess I am being compared to FFF, sorry I do not see the point in trying to buck the system to show my dissatisfaction, I use other avenues. I won't be engaging with Evan any longer since we are on completely different levels of social interaction.

Talan while I agree the review system at Target is screwed up beyond belief (from the limit on how many of specific rankings we can give to making the review fir the score we chose for TMs months ago?!?!), try looking at it from a different perspective. Your TLs, ETLs, HR and STL all agreed to the score OR they were unaware of it (in the case of the STL), let that sink in, they sat in a room and went down a list of paper and got to your name and they agreed that you should receive an IE. If that is the case then ask yourself what you can do to change it, it's different for everyone and I can't tell you what you would need to do be it your interactions with the leadership at your store or stepping out and being a leader among your peers. It's obvious your care due to several reasons such as the extra stuff you did with the database, posting on a T forum when you're off (excluding the friendships you have made now, you came for a different reason at start I am guessing) and expressing your score. Either way, good luck with it.

On the how the reviews are being done is decided by upper mgt based on payroll for the store. To cut costs, tm reviews average out to be .10 or lower raises. Then, add a poor performance to get rid of the high dollar long term tm/tl's. At my store, there has been tm's who got an ie @ were fired or quit with 90 days after the review was given.
Now back to original topic!

side bar, half related to original topic:

you old farts, remember the e's of excellence?

my log etl had a bumper sticker that said "i piss excellence". thought it was hilarious given his employer and the e's getting rammed into our brains ever waking second...

My bumper sticker "My other wave is a crown" that I put on one of our waves got a lot of attention too, mostly positive though.

Last edited:
They said I dkd a great job except for two incidents and if I hadn't done that then I would have been "e".

They had a problem with my bumper sticker.

I got my review, an IE, and I wasn't happy about that.

So I made up my own bumper sticker and put in on my car,

"I am inconsistently meeting expectations and proud of it!"

Apparently it is not Fast, Fun, and Friendly. They asked me to take it down and I told them no because I didn't agree with the review but they made me sign it anyways and this is one of the few ways I could demonstrate my dissatisfaction without anybody being upset.

To their credit, management agreed that I could keep it but they asked that I do not have it when corporate is making an announced visit. It's currently in the maybe column.

I saw a bumper sticker that said, "I am your typical stupid slacker."

The Es and Leadership Dimensions

side bar, half related to original topic:
you old farts, remember the e's of excellence?
QUOTE]

The Es and Leadership Dimensions
your role with regards to assessing and managing team member performance and future potential should be guided by the Es of Excellence. They are:
Es of Excellence Leadership Dimensions

Energy

Courageous; strong bias for action; a drive for speed; will do whatever it takes to get the job done.

Demonstrate Accountability

Takes responsibility for his or her performance; honestly assesses him or herself; understands strengths and developmental opportunities; solicits, is open to, and uses performance feedback; is resilient; learns from mistakes; is curious; seeks new ideas and experiences is committed to learning and development; models “speed is life;” does what it takes to get the job done while managing own personal work/life balance.

Demonstrate Courage

Exhibits self-confidence and asserts him/herself appropriately to advocate a point of view; is willing to ask thought provoking questions and state an unpopular/differing opinion; challenges upward; takes risks; is willing to accept challenging assignments; accepts personal responsibility; approaches conflict proactively; addresses team member issues quickly and takes action; shares perceptions, observations and feedback openly; willing to challenge any potential ethical issue.

Enthusiasm

Enthusiastic attitude for maximizing organizational
potential; able to motivate and inspire others; challenges to
ensure every team member contributes.

Communicate Effectively

Presents a clear, consistent vision; provides the timely information people need to do their jobs; maintains confidentiality appropriately; listens actively; encourages others’ input and ideas and values differing perspectives; correctly restates the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees; effectively customizes and presents his/her message to a variety of audiences; thinks and responds promptly and without hesitation; writes clearly and succinctly; conveys excitement and belief in projects and company initiatives.

Maximize Relationships

Is approachable and considerate; shows respect for people of all backgrounds; values diversity and promotes inclusion; treats people fairly; shares vision and reasons behind initiatives; inspires people to be their best; obtains commitment, not compliance; recognizes and gives credit to others; gives sincere praise often; listens with empathy; is team focused; takes partners; works towards collaboration; negotiates solutions that benefit all individuals involved; builds a network of resources across multiple pyramids and/or functions; is someone people like working for and with and builds the kind of team people want to be on; teaches others key skills and processes and shares best practices.

Build Trust

Creates an environment of trust; tells the truth in a direct and constructive manner; encourages candor in others; actions are consistent with words; shows accountability and credibility by following through on commitments; admits and learns from mistakes; does not misrepresent him/herself or others for personal gain or protection; demonstrates integrity; maintains confidentiality; is sincere and shares appropriate personal information; practices ethical decision making and encourages the same in others.

Manage Talent

Models talent management and challenges others to do the same; actively and enthusiastically recruits talent; hires/promotes/places talented people based on all information available in assessments, interviews, resumes and performance history; accurately assesses others’ performance and potential; gives responsibility, authority and autonomy in the right amount to match peoples’ developmental priority; develops others through on-the-job experiences; leads team members and courageously provides timely, relevant feedback; connects/provides resources for continued growth; holds others accountable; takes action where performance is not meeting expectations; facilitates developmental relationships; maximizes training experiences; develops peoples’ self-confidence; gives visibility and recognition; actively and enthusiastically retains valuable team members; develops fully engaged teams; proactively and intentionally uses tools and resources to build plans for assessing, staffing, developing and retaining talent.

Execution

Prioritizes; focuses on the things that are important; follows best practices; creative where appropriate; gets things done.

Think Critically

Develops broad knowledge; stays current with information about the business, the guest, the competition and global trends; can quickly assess what will help/hinder achieving a goal; is future-oriented; identifies key information and institutionalizes knowledge regarding that information; asks questions and locates/probes all useful sources of information; identifies and uses appropriate corporate tools and resources to analyze and synthesize data; develops balanced perspectives; looks beyond the obvious for underlying patterns; challenges assumptions; bases decisions on the right mixture of data and analysis as well as wisdom and experience; anticipates the outcomes of a single decision; poses different future possibilities; makes connections among previously unrelated ideas and looks beyond the first "right" answer; focuses on what's important.

Manage Execution

Has a strong action orientation; values and uses his/her time and the time of others effectively and efficiently; sets objectives; develops accurate timing and action plans; organizes information, resources, activities and people to get things done; delegates both routine and important tasks; establishes clear directions; sets appropriate measures and monitors progress and results; can handle multiple tasks at one time; anticipates potential obstacles and addresses them appropriately; makes tough decisions in a timely manner; takes charge in a crisis; drives efficiencies with processes, teams and guests; effectively maneuvers through complex situations; gets results.

Drive Change

Approaches new strategies and assignments with a positive attitude; demonstrates flexibility in changing interpersonal behaviors; adapts quickly; is comfortable with ambiguity; makes decisions and takes action without having all the information; generates new ideas and seeks the ideas of others; uses good judgment about which ideas and suggestions will work and moves those ideas forward; is innovative and implements ideas to improve performance and solve problems; strategies and implements change; shares the reasons for decisions and changes; can be both firm and compassionate in leading team members through change; uses trends to maximize competitive advantage.

Excellence

Delivers great results; provides a superior Target Brand experience to both guests and team members; the product of energy, enthusiasm and execution.

Brand Management

The Es of Excellence are Target’s Expectation of Leaders
The Leadership Dimensions are the specific skills that define each of the Es. The Es of Excellence are shorthand for discussing overall team member potential and performance. The Leadership Dimensions provide the specific language for team members to use when creating individual development plans. With the Es of Excellence and the Leadership Dimensions, we have the complete package for performance management.

I hope this helps you in your quest!

Target is kinda of like big brother. But I do believe they can force you to take it off. But this would be an excellent question to ask a labor lawyer.
Actually, they can't. The Supreme Court ruled last year that an employer cannot certain limits on free speech. This, as I recall, included not only comments on social media sites, but also bumper stickers, etc.

image-1.jpg

rosie.gif

0fe8414a.jpg

Actually, they can't. The Supreme Court ruled last year that an employer cannot certain limits on free speech. This, as I recall, included not only comments on social media sites, but also bumper stickers, etc.

Target "thinks" they can do anything. I would love to tell you what they did to me this morning, but just in case it might my blow my cover, I better shut up about it. Even the "new" TMSC (now HROC) couldn't believe what my store did. It's pretty bad when Target thinks you are being screwed by Target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back