Archived Questions regarding clocking in

Status
Not open for further replies.
New to retailing and tomorrow is gonna be my 3rd day at hardlines. My training schedule doesn't specify a specific person for that date which my trainer from the previous day assumed that he was probably my last day of training. Just want to know how to report when clocking in? From searching through this thread and reading the manuals, it seems that I have to report to our TL or ETL.

1.) How would I know if they are present?

2.) Should I ask through the walkie if they are present or should I just try to find them?

3.)What would I say through the walkie to see if they're present?

3.) If they're not present, should I just assume a specific job (like zoning) until they come?

on the walkie just say .. "Hardlinesnoob starting my shift for hardlines"

if you are working in the afternoon or even mornings, most time pushing freight from the truck.

so you can respond with "Hardlinesnoob going to push a uboat of freight to the floor"
then head back to the main backroom and grab a uboat of freight and push it.

or

if no one responds , then get back on the walkie and say "Hardlinesnoob zoning aisles C & D and doing reshop until further instructed"

Last edited:
on the walkie just say .. "Hardlinesnoob starting my shift for hardlines"

if you are working in the afternoon or even mornings, most time pushing freight from the truck.

so you can respond with "Hardlinesnoob going to push a uboat of freight to the floor"
then head back to the main backroom and grab a abbot of freight and push it.

or

if no one responds , then get back on the walkie and say "Hardlinesnoob zoning aisles C & D and doing reshop until further instructed"

Ahhh okay, thank you very much for the reply! :D

Assuming you know what TL is on duty at that time, which isn't always obvious.

I would say "Hardlinesnoob I'm on the floor" and wait for someone to respond. That usually works.

At my store afternoons & evenings aren't usually pushing freight, though we may have pulls, depending on daytime staffing, so when I come on at 5 it varies whether I'll be checking one stockroom or the other for pulls, grabbing reshop or jumping into zone.

These days with the backroom remodel for enhanced SFS everything's a clusterfuck, though, so there's a different plan every day.

Just say your name and that you are there on the walkie and go from there. Chances are the LOD or your TL (if your store is running the pilot) will be expecting you and will tell you what do end up doing.

Depending on your store's daily operations

For hardlines, you grab Walkie and other needed equipment. Check in with either your TL for the shift or the LOD; whoever provides work assignments. Then proceed your assignments. Make sure you take breaks and lunches according to management instruction, or hardlines breakout & coverage.

Always communicate to your team when you are going on breaks/lunches, assisting with backups, stepping off the salesfloor, or Guest assistance buttons.

We have a hardlines and softlines schedule where they TLs assign each team member to a location or activity by our time clock, but idk if you have one of those. But finding your TLs location is always good, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back