Archived Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I asked this question, but people who responded were being so rude and totally flipping everything I was trying to say. So I am asking again, hoping that someone will listen with kindness. I work inbound from 4am-8am and I leave at my scheduled time a lot. In 2 weeks, I am scheduled on the weekend and my coworker told me that crappy workers are scheduled that time because they leave at their time. So my question is, am I a bad worker? I have anxiety just so y’all are aware.

In my store everyone gets weekends at least occasionally, unless they somehow managed to get weekends off per their availability. In retail, weekends are key, and honestly, TMs who can't work them are kind of a pain. Regardless why you were scheduled, just go in and do your best, like I said before, that's all you can do. In my store, it doesn't mean you are a bad worker. In fact, often it means that you are someone they trust as reliable to actually show up and at least attempt to get the job done.
Quoting myself here, lol.

Also, when you say you leave at your scheduled time a lot, do you mean with or without them asking you to stay? If they don't ask you to stay, I don't see how that can be held against you. And even if they do ask, they can't expect that you will stay every time, although I do know that those who are willing to stay often are looked upon favorably. But, if you are otherwise reliable, I don't think they would hold it against you terribly if you don't stay all the time. But I can't speak for your leadership. Hope that makes sense, lol.

So, I asked this question, but people who responded were being so rude and totally flipping everything I was trying to say. So I am asking again, hoping that someone will listen with kindness. I work inbound from 4am-8am and I leave at my scheduled time a lot. In 2 weeks, I am scheduled on the weekend and my coworker told me that crappy workers are scheduled that time because they leave at their time. So my question is, am I a bad worker? I have anxiety just so y’all are aware.

That you ask these questions shows that you are being conscientious. From what I understand, you get your work done within your shift. You aren’t doing overtime for the sake of it. And working weekend is a crucial time for retail. They can’t get through the weekend with crappy workers. Show up and be your good self. And the weekend crew can be fun.

No, you are not a bad worker because you leave at your scheduled time. Spot has first call on your time when they make the schedule. If they want you to stay later they need to schedule you to stay later, instead of playing their little game of “schedule as light as possible to save payroll, then have them stay later to save leaderships’ asses if the proverbial hits the fan”. ASANTS, but I never scheduled the weaker TMs on the weekend, that’s when we needed our strongest TMs. I know working at Spot can be extremely stressful, and having anxiety issues makes it more difficult, but just try to do the best you can and hope for the best.

At my store, they'll kiss the ground you walk on for clocking out on time because of payroll hours. Weekends are busy, and I bet the anxiety gives you a sense of urgency when you work (says the person who also has anxiety and a sense of urgency to burn because of it). That could be a contributing factor. As was mentioned in the other thread, it's vacation time and I know I'm getting scheduled at not-my-typical hours to cover; that could be another. I would ignore workplace gossip; it's a good idea on general principle, wherever you work.

If you ever have any questions or need someone to talk to re: the anxiety, feel free to PM me.

Your coworker that told you that is wrong.

Ask your TL if your worried about your performance. They are gonna be the best person to asses your work since we likely don't work at your store.

That literally makes no sense. Not trying to be rude, but being crappy at your job and leaving on time have nothing to do with one another. If your TL has been riding your ass to do better, be faster, etc., then you should start to worry. If not, you're probably doing okay.

I work every Saturday AND Sunday. I must really suck. Makes you wonder why they've kept me around for almost 20 years and am the highest paid TM in the store.

OP: How many times must people on here post you are probably fine. In retail virtually everyone works weekends. If nothing has been said about your performance by your TL or ETL you are fine. If you are still this anxious, talk to your TL and ETL themselves because they, unlike we here, actually know you and your performance.

Time to lock down this thread, too.

Hey @kittykat99 do you feel like folks answered your question?

That, in fact, working weekends is not a sign that you are a bad worker and usually just up to the needs of the store?
Just wanted to make sure.
Yeah, I feel pretty satisfied. I’m also worried I will get fired because I have back stocked poorly before.

Yeah, I feel pretty satisfied. I’m also worried I will get fired because I have back stocked poorly before.

Can't speak to that.
ASANTS - All Stores Are Not The Same.
Some have bosses who understand that people need to learn the job and get their feet under them.
Others are run by assholes who figure that if they are paying $15.00 an hour then people should be able to stock from the minute they are hired.
Fuck those guys.
Just do the best job you can and keep improving.
If you work at a crap store, take getting fired as best you can and move to someplace better.
I know that sounds like cheap advice but it comes from a place of experience.
Do your best and don't let them grind you down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back