Archived Quick backroom question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm Flow, but am starting to get Backroom shifts.
1. When someone on the walkie says can a backroom member pull something from the back how exactly do they do it? I know how to get to SUBT, but from there I don't know what to do with the dpci or the UPC barcode.
2. Also I hear you're supposed to do 49 and then the dpci for something. What is that?
3. Are there any specific steps for electronics pulls outside of needing keys to open the door?
4. As an added bonus, lets say I'm on the sales floor in item search and a guest asks if we have any in the back, I scan and we do. How can I go to the back and transfer this backroom location of item search to rf apps so I can SUBT for the guest myself? Or is there a way to check from RF Apps? For backroom days we will often have only 2 people in the back and I don't want to be unable to do it myself if the other guy is on a break or whatever.
Thanks

I'm Flow, but am starting to get Backroom shifts.
1. When someone on the walkie says can a backroom member pull something from the back how exactly do they do it? I know how to get to SUBT, but from there I don't know what to do with the dpci or the UPC barcode.
2. Also I hear you're supposed to do 49 and then the dpci for something. What is that?

The standard DPCI number has a format like a social security number xxx-xx-xxxx. The PDA don't recognize the DPCI directly and it has to be converted to UPC. Adding 49 to the beginning of it accomplishes this. For example, someone wants a TV pulled from the back, the DPCI is 008-09-xxxx. When you're using any program in RF Apps (including subt), you would look it up by typing in 4900809xxxx.

Using subt:
1. Scan barcode or key in 49+DPCI as listed above.
2. The system will prompt you to key in whether it's 1) For a guest/sales floor or 2) Damaged (90% of the time, it's #1)
3. Scan the location label for where you pulling the item from
4. Key in the quantity you pulled.

3. Are there any specific steps for electronics pulls outside of needing keys to open the door?
There's usually nothing special about pulling electronics other than needing keys for the door and we usually leave the pulls inside the electronics stockroom during business hours.

4. As an added bonus, lets say I'm on the sales floor in item search and a guest asks if we have any in the back, I scan and we do. How can I go to the back and transfer this backroom location of item search to rf apps so I can SUBT for the guest myself? Or is there a way to check from RF Apps?

You can actually use Subt to check for backroom locations. Just follow the first 2 steps listed above and if the screen doesn't list any backroom locations after that, there's none located in the backroom. Alternatively, there's a program called LOC in RF apps that lets you look up backroom locations. There is no way to directly transfer something you're doing in Item Search to RF Apps, the best you can do is toggle to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back