Archived Quick Instocks Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I go to research mode on my MyDevice, scan an empty space, and then I put 0 on the counts. Great, but when there are some items in the back it never triggers "X will pull" unless I put it under Get More. This turns it into a EXF of items rather than a research batch. Am I doing this completely wrong, or when I put "Get More" on Research mode it is a Research Batch and not an EXF? Is what i'm referring to even called a "Research Batch?"
Context: I'm an Electronics Team Member who was taught how to do Instocks one day for an hour or two by my Team Lead and whenever I open on Wednesday mornings I help with the scans in Entertainment.

From what I've learned, it will only pull the needed items if the counts are accurate to where the system registers the zeroes as items needed to be pulled. So double check any capacity counts to make sure that there's a difference between how many are there and how many fit by the capacity.
Judging by your question, this seems to happen with a lot of items and it's very unlikely to be a capacity issue though.

From my experience, I've only seen research batches being created when you scan from the designated areas on those specific days. For instance, I couldn't create a research batch for Entertainment if I scanned on a Tuesday or Thursday. On the off-scan days, my options were EXF/ITM and remember to close the batches.

When I scanned the areas on my scan days, they were indicated as Other Pulls, under IS (instocks) or Research batches. So based off of my understanding, it has to do with whether or not the system identifies what you're supposed to be scanning/filling or if you're simply updating counts.

When you're in research mode, and you adjust a backroom-located item's on hand to 0. It should create a research batch.

Just a little follow up to this, when you enter in the counts it'll automatically trigger backroom to pull something. Example: I scanned a sound bar that wasn't there, put in 0, and not even 10 minutes later the LOD told me that Backroom pulled the Soundbar since it was under Research and asked me to push it. I didn't close a batch or anything. However in Luggage it created a batch, and I closed that. Don't know if that ever came out since I clocked out before they pulled it.

I don't shoot instocks but I do pull batches and I have definitely noticed EXF batches dropping around the same time as research batches. They end up pulling the same items or immediately coming up as batch complete.

Research scans will generate a pull without telling you that it is being generated. If you are in research, do not use "get more". If you need more than than what the capacity indicates, increase the capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back