Archived Quick question about the register...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart621

Flow Driver
Does the register drawer opens when a guest pays using a credit card?

For some reason I cant remember in Electronics.

Oh thank god. I was worried it does open. Normally it's reflex and i close the drawer automatically if i hear it open/giving change. I'm a register trained BRTM who holds the Electronics key for Logistics. helped the guest for a game purchase because the Elec Tm was busy and I was busy in the backroom so icant remember if the register drawer opened after the reciept printed out.

It opens only if the payment was cash (full or partial), check (personal, rebate or traveler's) or if the guest requested cash back using a debit card.

Hey, does anybody know why the cash registers can't give an employee discount for employees on food stamps?

It used to do it, but this last week it was changed. Seems like it out to be re-instated to help TMs who need the extra help.

Hey, does anybody know why the cash registers can't give an employee discount for employees on food stamps?

It used to do it, but this last week it was changed. Seems like it out to be re-instated to help TMs who need the extra help.

This changed in the past week. Don't know why.

This changed in the past week. Don't know why.

I'm curious about the legality of that too. As I understand it, retailers must accept any coupons for an EBT purchase that they would accept for a cash purchase. I wonder if that applies to discounts based on employment as well.

Spot can denote what forms of payment they allow the TM discount to be applied to. Heck, any employer can do the same.
It ain't nice but neither is cutting hrs/paying your TMs so poorly that they have to rely on foodstamps.

This is wrong on so many levels I can't even list them.
There is a part of me that has to wonder if it's on purpose though.
I can only hope that it's a mistake in the programming and that it will be fixed.

CAN YOU HEAR US SPOT?
YOU ARE HURTING PEOPLE WITH THIS!
FIX IT SOON!

There's a message on workbench about this. It said something about all fs recipients being treated the same or some such nonsense. I was wondering the same thing as wilwum. I think of a tm discount as more on par with a coupon than as "special treatment". I do know that my store has lost a lot of market business because of it, and with our pfresh remodel right around the corner too...

Wow...that's pathetic. I know a bunch of former co-workers who are on food stamps, saving every penny they can is necessary. Hopefully they can find better job opportunities elsewhere, Spot will never allow them to live comfortably.

There's a message on workbench about this. It said something about all fs recipients being treated the same or some such nonsense. I was wondering the same thing as wilwum. I think of a tm discount as more on par with a coupon than as "special treatment". I do know that my store has lost a lot of market business because of it, and with our pfresh remodel right around the corner too...

That's bulls**t. It's discrimination against the financially challenged.

EBT has never been an approved form of payment with the TM discount. For whatever reason, the registers allowed this, but we were told to stop this over a year ago. It has to do with giving a discount not available to guests and other team members. (The wording was a bit different than this on our table talkers but this is the gist). Also, "The discount is available for purchases made with cash, check, Target Visa Credit Card, Target Credit Card, Target Debit Card, and Target GiftCard (if received as a gift or given as an exchange from Guest Services)." .....It was never supposed to be used with EBT. My store's TMs didn't have any issues with this policy.

If the question is method of payment, EBT is the same as a check card.
You are drawing it out of a dedicated account.
In terms of discounts, why does it matter if someone gets a discount?
I don't understand their their logic, it sounds like Frelling drek to me.

I don't think that the EBT is the same as a check card. Remember the only check card that will work with TM discount is the Redcard.

Hey, our cash registers now prompt us for an ID for purchasing BiC lighters. Anyone have this at their store? If so, WHY do we need to see an ID?

I don't think that the EBT is the same as a check card. Remember the only check card that will work with TM discount is the Redcard.

Hey, our cash registers now prompt us for an ID for purchasing BiC lighters. Anyone have this at their store? If so, WHY do we need to see an ID?

BICs have always required IDs. Long neck lighters, like for candles, don't require an Id though.

I think what commie is trying to say is that an EBT transaction works the same way as a check card. When you use an EBT card, you're debiting money out of a dedicated account. Instead of your personal checking account, EBT takes money from a dedicated account created by your state's government.

BICs have always required IDs. Long neck lighters, like for candles, don't require an Id though.

I've never had to check ID for BIC lighters. Maybe it varies by state? I can understand why you might have to though, since only a person who smokes would have a use for all those lighters and they wouldn't want to sell "smoker stuff" (lighters, patches, cigs even though we don't sell them) to anyone who is underage.

I've never had to check ID for BIC lighters. Maybe it varies by state? I can understand why you might have to though, since only a person who smokes would have a use for all those lighters and they wouldn't want to sell "smoker stuff" (lighters, patches, cigs even though we don't sell them) to anyone who is underage.

I've never had to check ID for Bic's.... the most recent stuff I've had to ask is sparklers, compressed air, cough/cold meds and nicorette. I think it varies state to state.

When we first opened back in 2006 registers always prompted for lighters. Then after about 6 months or so it stopped. Now it's started again.

I understand some of these IDs...

Sparklers cannot be sold to minors.....that is a Federal Law, I believe.
Compressed air is used by dorks who want to get a cheap high....with sometimes deadly results because the high comes from stopping oxygen to the brain and then a person may stop breathing.
Cough and cold medicines....some contain ingredients to make crystal meth.....others have dextromathorphan (no idea how to spell this one....) and if drunk in quantities (even just one bottle) can cause hallicinations. (again, no idea how to spell this one) and this can have a number of bad effects.
Nicorette contains nicoteine (spelling??) and this is regulated by the federal government.

Some stuff is regulated by amounts that a person can purchase in one month at one particular store.

The stuff at one particular store has to do with the Patriot Act as a result of Sept. 11.....not just Target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back