Archived Quick Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I started working at target and went to training, and orientation. I've accumulated over 200$ from training and orientation hours. I googled and everywhere says I'm suppose to get payed for training. I haven't been payed. I didn't go to the first official work day for multiple reasons, in short I'm in route to work at a better paying company now. How do I go about getting payed for my training, am I gonna get payed? etc?

They said we'd receive pay cards or something within 7 days but it had been over 2 weeks and I never got that either. I just want my money because I have something Important to pay for like as if it were yesterday, and yeah.

I'm sure I've been let go at this point because I tried logging in to the schedule checking site or whatever and it won't allow me to login fully.

Any ideas?
I won't disclose any Information and am in fact already using alias information on my profile of course. IF anyone can answer my question I'd greatly appreciate that.

Have you asked for your paycheck? Most stores keep them at GS.

Have you asked for your paycheck? Most stores keep them at GS.

I haven't, will that work? I'm only 18 btw so I'm relatively new to all of this. Do I call the store and ask for it?

You do and will be paid for training, however it may take a pay cycle before you receive it. My store, for example, will have paychecks this coming Friday.
If you do not receive one by then, inquire with your HR at the store.
The scheduling site has been down for several days while undergoing an upgrade. I’m not sure when it will be back up and functional, but you can check your schedule at the store.
A Target paycard is something you usually request, otherwise expect a regular check. They may have been referring to your employee discount card which usually accompanies your first paycheck.
I would definitely speak with your TL about the schedule and if you still plan on working there.
Good luck.

You do and will be paid for training, however it may take a pay cycle before you receive it. My store, for example, will have paychecks this coming Friday.
If you do not receive one by then, inquire with your HR at the store.
The scheduling site has been down for several days while undergoing an upgrade. I’m not sure when it will be back up and functional, but you can check your schedule at the store.
A Target paycard is something you usually request, otherwise expect a regular check. They may have been referring to your employee discount card which usually accompanies your first paycheck.
I would definitely speak with your TL about the schedule and if you still plan on working there.
Good luck.

Do you know if I'll have to go in and get it, or can it be mailed to me? A bit of a hassle to go to the store currently.

Thanks for your help!

The website to check the schedule from home hasn't been working for anyone (or most people?) So that may not mean anything.

Edit - sorry, only skimmed and didn't realize that was already mentioned.

They might mail it to you but I know we wouldn't. Stamps aren't free and if you don't have the decency to get your own check it will, I wouldn't feel obligated to mail it to you.

A stamp isn't free but it's not expensive either. The way Target wastes money on other things - LOTS of duplicate and unneeded ad signage anyone? - I would think the cost of a stamp would be relatively negligible.

There is roughly a week delay from the end of the pay period to the actual payday, to allow time for processing. A new pay cycle started today, and we get paid for the last pay cycle (10/1 through 10/14) this coming Friday.

My HR team only mails checks if you aren't on the schedule for the entire week following payday and haven't come in to pick it up by EOD on the Tuesday after payday.

Get set up on Direct Deposit and you won't have to worry about remembering to collect your check anymore. You do have to do that at an in-store workstation, unless that's being changed with this new update. Make sure you have your bank account and routing numbers (those are printed on the bottom of your checks, or you can get them from a teller at your bank if you don't have paper checks). Check stubs will still be printed and held at whatever location your store distributes physical checks from.

A stamp isn't free but it's not expensive either. The way Target wastes money on other things - LOTS of duplicate and unneeded ad signage anyone? - I would think the cost of a stamp would be relatively negligible.
Yeah but why waste the 49 cents on someone who isn't mature enough to even tell your employer that you quit?

@Jallen Target "payed" (paid) you in the form of a check that was sent to the store. You'll have to go to the store to pick it up, just like everyone else.

They might mail it to you but I know we wouldn't. Stamps aren't free and if you don't have the decency to get your own check it will, I wouldn't feel obligated to mail it to you.

I may be wrong but I think @HRZone is more annoyed that OP won't even go in to pick up his own paycheck after he wasted HR+OP's trainer's time on the whole on-boarding and training process, ditched his own shift(s), and plans on quitting soon if he hasn't already been fired as a Job Abandonment. I am sure that @HRZone would gladly mail out checks to TMs who have a legit reason for not being able to come in to pick up their check.

Get set up on Direct Deposit and you won't have to worry about remembering to collect your check anymore. You do have to do that at an in-store workstation, unless that's being changed with this new update. Make sure you have your bank account and routing numbers (those are printed on the bottom of your checks, or you can get them from a teller at your bank if you don't have paper checks). Check stubs will still be printed and held at whatever location your store distributes physical checks from.

@GoodyNN, good instructions/info! Yes, people who often forget their checks should definitely get direct deposit. It is super helpful and convenient!

OP probably won't need to set it up though since he plans on quitting soon. He can't even show up to the store to pick up his paycheck so I doubt he will come in to set up direct deposit. Even if he does, he will be gone either before direct deposit comes into effect or very soon after.

Except you are obligated to mail it per best practice, and employment law. If I remember correctly, you have to mail it the Wednesday after the pay Friday. Deposit stubs do not have to be mailed.

I may be wrong but I think @HRZone is more annoyed that OP won't even go in to pick up his own paycheck after he wasted HR+OP's trainer's time on the whole on-boarding and training process, ditched his own shift(s), and plans on quitting soon if he hasn't already been fired as a Job Abandonment. I am sure that @HRZone would gladly mail out checks to TMs who have a legit reason for not being able to come in to pick up their check.

Bingo. I have mailed it to team members on LOA, or who have moved away.

Except you are obligated to mail it per best practice, and employment law. If I remember correctly, you have to mail it the Wednesday after the pay Friday. Deposit stubs do not have to be mailed.

Definitely not employment law. The handbook says it's the team members responsibility to setup direct deposit or pickup their check at guest services/fr depending on the store

Best practice at Target is kind of a joke...

Last edited:
You can set up direct deposit from home if you have already set up your eHR account.

No federal law on this. There might be a relevant state law, depending on where you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back