Archived Quick question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been out of Target since 2014 (I worked from 2008 til then), and I was curious if Target is still doing that thing where you have to be 22, attractive, and have a non-business degree to be an ETL?

No. We train EITs at my store frequently. Only 1 of the last several was an intern. Others in their 30s with retail or mgmt experience, and 2 internals.

Not at my store.
Same. Ome of the newer ETLs has no degree and started working there a month after I did. Technically he shouldn’t be an ETL at the same store he was a team member and team lead at, but leadership gets away with shit at my store. Same for our ETL Hr, she shouldn’t be one at our store since she was a TL there. Heard they both turned down many stores and positions until they got what they wanted. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Same. Ome of the newer ETLs has no degree and started working there a month after I did. Technically he shouldn’t be an ETL at the same store he was a team member and team lead at, but leadership gets away with shit at my store. Same for our ETL Hr, she shouldn’t be one at our store since she was a TL there. Heard they both turned down many stores and positions until they got what they wanted. 🤷🏽‍♀️
It’s not a requirement to leave stores when you promote from within.

Back in the day, it was. There were many more ETL positions though, so moving to other stores was easier.

It’s not a requirement to leave stores when you promote from within.
Use to be! They said that’s why we had trouble with our old management. Makes sense that if your a TL you shouldn’t be an ETL at the same store. I think it’s because of fraternization and stuff similar.

But you know our ETLs hang out with team members all the time so I guess it doesn’t matter anyways.

@OP aim as high as you can ,with a little know how you’ll do just fine!

I've been out of Target since 2014 (I worked from 2008 til then), and I was curious if Target is still doing that thing where you have to be 22, attractive, and have a non-business degree to be an ETL?
Yes, or alternatively you could start out as a TM and work your way up to ETL over 10+ years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back