Archived Quick ? re: Register

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm super new. Hired for softlines--my training started last night--and I was cross-trained on the register 2 nights ago. I think I did pretty well...got up to 87% during my shift. Enjoyed it.

Having said that, I am petrified I am going to get pulled from softlines on Black Friday (my shift starts at 2 PM) and be expected to remember everything from over a week ago (I only have one more day of work before Black Friday--the 22nd--when I'm supposed to continue training in softlines). :crazy:

I've forgotten how to do something. I know I need to enter my team member # and my PIN when I log onto a register (is that the right terminology?). My trainer had the register spit out a small piece of register tape with a barcode on it, which we used to scan after periods of inactivity to get me back on the register (it wasn't a super busy night when I was training). But I forget what button(s) on the register she pushed to do that. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Hi, I'm super new. Hired for softlines--my training started last night--and I was cross-trained on the register 2 nights ago. I think I did pretty well...got up to 87% during my shift. Enjoyed it.

Having said that, I am petrified I am going to get pulled from softlines on Black Friday (my shift starts at 2 PM) and be expected to remember everything from over a week ago (I only have one more day of work before Black Friday--the 22nd--when I'm supposed to continue training in softlines). :crazy:

I've forgotten how to do something. I know I need to enter my team member # and my PIN when I log onto a register (is that the right terminology?). My trainer had the register spit out a small piece of register tape with a barcode on it, which we used to scan after periods of inactivity to get me back on the register (it wasn't a super busy night when I was training). But I forget what button(s) on the register she pushed to do that. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

I never use it b/c I'm afraid I'll leave it lying around, so I'm sorry, I don't know exactly what it is called, but after you enter in you TM # and hit enter, but before you enter your PIN, there is an option (I believe, K1) that says something along the lines of "Create speed ID". It'll then ask for your PIN and print out a the barcode.

Guard your speed ID with your LIFE. If a guest gets a hold of it, they can very easily clear out your drawer under your numbers. I actually stopped using them because I was afraid of losing it.

When you enter your TM#, hit K3 "speed ID". It'll take your pin & ask you to enter your shift end time (ie: getting off at 6pm). As everyone says, guard it carefully & wad it up at shift's end (it'll expire). We had a TM fired for using speed slips belonging to other TMs. He was skimming drawers.

When you enter your TM#, hit K3 "speed ID". It'll take your pin & ask you to enter your shift end time (ie: getting off at 6pm). As everyone says, guard it carefully & wad it up at shift's end (it'll expire). We had a TM fired for using speed slips belonging to other TMs. He was skimming drawers.

Also, making a new speed ID if the day isn't over yet will override the first one and thus said first one will become inoperable. Saved me from being chewed out when I was a breaker one night. I kept leaving my id's at the lanes lol but they weren't of any use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back