Archived Quinoa Recall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I scanned a bag of frozen quinoa, and the POS wouldn't let me continue scanning and printed out a slip saying the item had to be gotten rid of and that I needed to call a supervisor over. I asked the Pfresh team about it, and they weren't sure what was wrong but suspected there might've been some orders from corporate. Has this happened at anyone else's store?

Simple, the item is a recall item. The GSTL should have told market about it so they could pull the stuff off the shelf. It happens on all kinds of stuff. Food, clothing, you name it. Under no circumstances can we EVER sell a recalled item, no matter how badly the guest wants it.

Really? It seemed like nobody knew what was going on. I didn't even know that POS was set up to catch recalls.
That means that your store is usually pretty good about getting recalls off the floor immediately, so they don't even make it to the registers.

I don't think the LOD got called over.

The LOD doesn't need to be called over in that situation, just the GSTL/GSA to collect the product and unlock the register. I was talking about them knowing about the recall via Redwire. Every leader should be checking Redwire for such notices on a regular basis, especially if they don't have a MyDevice or PDA to get the alerts.

The LOD doesn't need to be called over in that situation, just the GSTL/GSA to collect the product and unlock the register. I was talking about them knowing about the recall via Redwire. Every leader should be checking Redwire for such notices on a regular basis, especially if they don't have a MyDevice or PDA to get the alerts.
What exactly is Redwire? Does it have something to do with Workbench or other things that are just for management? I'm not really familiar with any of that stuff.

Redwire is Target's message distribution system. It's how things like recalls are announced but it delivers a lot more. There's different categories by workcenter (e.g. LOD, sales floor, GSA/GSTL, etc) so you can get updates o when the FDC trailer is supposed to arrive, when a cashier's transaction is stalled or if somebody is approaching compliance.

Definitely isn't just for.management, I check redwire several times a day for recall updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back